Some oddities

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roogles

Reaction score
Last night a long time friend called me wanting to get together to just chat, hang out, and share some smokes and drinks.

My friend's grandfather passed away before he and I met, and his grandmother has recently been moved into an assisted living facility, so he and his siblings have been helping their Mom clean out grandma & grandpa's house. Being a cigar smoker and occasional pipe smoker he ended up taking his grandfather's pipe rack along with all 8 pipes on it - and brought them with him last night to our meeting just b/c he knew I'd be interested in seeing them.

Of the 8 pipes on the rack were 2 Kaywoodies, 2 Grabows, a leather wrapped Colossus, a couple of no-name random pipes.

All but one of them were obviously heavily smoked, rarely cleaned, and a little nasty.

There were two pipes which stuck out to me as odd-balls, which I snapped photos of to share with you guys.

First, the "big dipper". The bowl on this pipe was just a little bigger than a golf ball. Yes, that is electrical tape.

dipper1.jpg

dipper2.jpg

The second odd ball, was the only unsmoked pipe on the rack...

I'm almost 100% sure that it is made of concrete. It's small, I could barely get my pinky finger in the bowl.

We couldn't figure out any way to get the stem off without breaking it.

concrete1.jpg

concrete2.jpg

I thought they were odd... Maybe someone has seen one like them before?

Interesting Eli, thanks for sharing. The only thing more useful than electrical tape, is duct tape. :geek:

That's officially the first concrete pipe I've ever seen. If you had one of those that was of any real size, you'd chomp'ers like this to clench:

jaws.jpg

The cannon ball pipe is nicely unique. Does the draft hole come out on the side of the chamber?

It would be nice to see if a "pipe engineer" could make this design smoke properly.

Dutch":kijmg8m7 said:
Interesting Eli, thanks for sharing. The only thing more useful than electrical tape, is duct tape. :geek:
Without duct tape and barbed wire, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas would blow off the map :p