Some of the BEST of 2 worlds - from a MARINE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leatherneck

Reaction score
For several years I have had the HONOR and PRIVELAGE of collecting pipes from all over the world, with my travels with the USMC. Although there ARE MANY MASTER pipe makers out there, I find the work of POUL WINSLOW to be a MASTER within a MASTER. His detail to form, structure and the use of briar wood , I believe sets him apart from many others. Yes, I may be partial to his work, but isn't this what makes a collector happy, within a certain realm. Poul comes from the old school of pipe making, which to me, allows him to embody both the old culture and his innovations to the new.

Recently I have been smoking some of his tobaccos. Winslow No. 1 is a Black Cavendish, selected Burley with contrasting, aged Virginia tobaccos from 3 continents. This tobacco is enriched with the exotic aromas of vanilla, coconut and plums together with a hint of original Jamaican rum, my favorite.

Winslow No. 2 is  tastefully based on multi-faceted Virginia tobaccos in various cuts. Refined with two sorts of Black Cavendish, a whiff of Burley and fine crumbled Flake. This tobacco is delicious and has captivating flavors of nutty cream-liqueur combined with caramelized pineapple .

Winslow No.3 has a mixture composed from orange coloured and broadly cut Virginia tobaccos. Poul uses mellowed Virginia flakes rubbed by hand and double fermented Black Cavendish. The bled is refined with flavours of sparkling champagne, vanilla-cream and a touch of almond.

My Fiancé purchased these tobaccos as an anniversary present. She checked with the US Customs per the Danish Pipe Shop website and was told as long as this was for personal consumption and not resale, it could be purchased from Denmark and have it shipped to our home. Shipping was awesomely fast and it arrived 4 business days after the order was placed.

Please enjoy this photo of some of my POUL WINSLOW pipes and his TOBACCO.

Now that's what I call a collection of beautiful pipes. I've never smoked any of his tobacco but Poul Winslow is a Master Pipe Maker. Having seen hundreds (might be a slight exaggeration) of his pipes through the years I have to say I've never seen any that weren't great. :)

AJ

That sure is a stunning pipe collection :cheers: :cheers:
Thanks for sharing, always enjoy pictures of custom made pipes.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks for sharing those wonderful works of art. He is truely talented. And enjoy those tobaccos in rude good health sir.

Jim