Some people you just cant top!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
First, Yak is a brother.. He offers things not asked for and cheerfully shares things that most people wouldn't allow out of their sight.
To that I can only humbly say thank you.

Secondly I lost a bet with Ej... I sent him the tin of tobacco we had wagered.. Checked up to make sure he received it, then thought nothing else about it. Last night I got to sneek home and sleep in my bed for a few hours. I played with the kids a few minutes, grabbed a shower, and went to slip into bed.. What? There was a box under my pillow. It looked like a box mailed to me, but the Mrs sometimes hides 'Santa Claus' in my box's. I asked her about it.. 'Oh yeah, that came in the mail for you today'.. How bout that crackerhead Ej sent me something I had been wanting for a couple years. A King James 1611 Version. Wow... Thanks man. I appreciate that.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.

Let me add, another of our chaps.

I was wondering how to acknowledge him and this seems like the perfect thread. On Sunday the mail lady delivered a box from brother pipetongue... it contained a dozen different tobaccos :shock: . It arrived safe and sound. I almost fell over, it was so much tobacco... most of which I would never get a chance to try up here. Thank you to brother Ken... :heart:

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus...

I tried to think of something to say but there are no words. How could it be that the internet and the shared fondness of a mere pipe bring together such a motley but brotherly bunch?! I am proud to be part of this bunch!!! :cheers:

Thank you Mike Smith and Mike Brissett for drawing me back into the pipe forum world and all the rest of the folks that make this a great bunch!

JP did the same for me. I asked him what Walnut was like... he not only sent me a healthy, healthy sample of it, but bags and bags of other blends to try - really nice ones like Scottish Cake, Barrister, etc. From what I've heard, he's done this for other people as well.

I was absolutely blown away at this ginormous box full of goodies! From what I've read on this forum and what I've been able to personally experience - this is the most generous group of people on the net that I've ever seen.

JLJ2018":nas40ad3 said:
JP did the same for me. I asked him what Walnut was like... he not only sent me a healthy, healthy sample of it, but bags and bags of other blends to try - really nice ones like Scottish Cake, Barrister, etc. From what I've heard, he's done this for other people as well.

I was absolutely blown away at this ginormous box full of goodies! From what I've read on this forum and what I've been able to personally experience - this is the most generous group of people on the net that I've ever seen.
I'll testify to that! :cheers:

EJ,
I have no trouble reading it.
My wife was bumfuzzeld.... But what shocked me my daughter Katie at 8 says. "Dad can I se it?"
I say 'sure but you won't be able to read it'. She procedes to read off 4 verses and says 'that's neat' as she reaches it back to me .....

Freaked me out.

Bro I can't thank you enough for what you did, that has tickled me to pieces.

puros_bran":p72xq4i1 said:
EJ,
I have no trouble reading it.
My wife was bumfuzzeld.... But what shocked me my daughter Katie at 8 says. "Dad can I se it?"
I say 'sure but you won't be able to read it'. She procedes to read off 4 verses and says 'that's neat' as she reaches it back to me .....

Freaked me out.

Bro I can't thank you enough for what you did, that has tickled me to pieces.
Your welcome. It's really my pleasure. :cheers:

Strange, and while we're making public thanksgivings, I had a book show up on my door step from the man in the VA Mountains. A priceless treasure! Both the book and the man! Absolutely one of the nicest gifts anyone has ever given me, straight from the heart! Thank you very much EJ!!!