Quantcast

Some Peterson pipe history

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Timbo

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Halfway through reading this one and am enjoying the article so much I thought I'd share it here.

The rest of the blog is pretty interesting too.

Cheers,

Tim

Ranger107

Reaction score
Thanks will have to read this, I do love my Petersons.
Have 3 that I really enjoy. Sent the Jeckyl and Hyde back to Iwan Reiss. They are sending me 2 aldo velanis that I picked out in exchange.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Have not received the 2 replacements yet but the Aldo POTY I got back in Dec is great. Smokes well and is a good looking pipe. Let you know on the others soon as I get them.

Haebar

Reaction score
Have not received the 2 replacements yet but the Aldo POTY I got back in Dec is great. Smokes well and is a good looking pipe. Let you know on the others soon as I get them.
I ordered a billiard and a bent Rhodesian. I called and asked one of the guys there if they had many fills in them and he said they were not bad, but they did have some small ones here and there. He said that the weren't rejects or seconds, just a closeout. The prices are around what you'd pay for a Dr. Grabow pipe.

Ranger107

Reaction score
I ordered a billiard and a bent Rhodesian. I called and asked one of the guys there if they had many fills in them and he said they were not bad, but they did have some small ones here and there. He said that the weren't rejects or seconds, just a closeout. The prices are around what you'd pay for a Dr. Grabow pipe.
For less than $40 apiece, I think they will be good smokers and if not you're not out that much. The one that I got earlier was a hundred dollar pipe but it smokes great.

Ranger107

Reaction score
Got both pipes yesterday. Thought I had ordered a poker and a rhodesian but what showed up was a smooth poker and a rusticated pot/apple? Must have changed my mind at the last minute. Was looking at 4 or 5 different pipes so could have just ordered the wrong one. However, smoked both this morning and they both smoke well. Much better than the Pete I sent back. Got two pipes and a tin of Rattrays Jocks mixture in exchange so I am a happy camper. Hope yours smoke as well.