Some recent Steampunk work

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briar Spirit

Reaction score
I am sooooooooooooooooo BORED not having anything to do with pipes at the present, so effing bored in fact I have gone back to digital artwork for fear of losing my mind with the deafening roar of silence in my creative existence.

These are my first efforts at making Steampunk'ish graphics using Photoshop CS5

15347590978_60d64f0f2d.jpg

15347119389_f88102e48f.jpg

15347733217_3da8b65749.jpg

15347602278_cd89a19429.jpg

Okay, so it's not perfect but it's my first shot at making a Steampunk'ish Dagger, weird looking huh, I enjoyed making it though, I may make another at a later date but onto the next thing. :smile:

14927826313_af041c3492.jpg

Can someone explain Steampunk to me? I know that it's got a Victorian-meets-post-apacolyptic thing going on, but I have NO clue where it came from. What's the draw?

But then, sub-culture/counter-culture/alt-culture has always alluded me (I'm that perfectly boring combination of simple traditional and holier-than-thou suburbanite).

Good luck with that...

Theoretically it is a sub class of sci-fi where steam runs crap instead of fusion/plasma/rare outer space crystals etc. In reality it's a sub class of fantasy... I say that because it's almost always set in alt history. Regardless it never caught on much with me other than I like freaky women and steam punk girls are some of the freakiest. Lol

puros_bran":bxxmfwyu said:
Good luck with that...

Theoretically it is a sub class of sci-fi where steam runs crap instead of fusion/plasma/rare outer space crystals etc.   In reality it's a sub class of fantasy... I say that because it's almost always set in alt history.   Regardless it never caught on much with me other than I like freaky women and steam punk girls are some of the freakiest.  Lol
Ummm.... AMEN to that.

idbowman":ho1h6naz said:
Can someone explain Steampunk to me?  I know that it's got a Victorian-meets-post-apacolyptic thing going on, but I have NO clue where it came from.  What's the draw?

But then, sub-culture/counter-culture/alt-culture has always alluded me (I'm that perfectly boring combination of simple traditional and holier-than-thou suburbanite).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk