Some things to know about the new software.

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
This new software seems to use a fairly intelligent SPAM system. Sometimes it flags a post. Or more often a user. Those go into an "Approval Queue" that catches my attention and I have to use some tools to study the problem. I make a decision and Spammers get blocked. It could also be a post that simply gets flagged. I do not always know why. If you make a post, and it does not show up immediately. It probably got flagged by the system.

Last evening a user posted a link and included a copy/paste. That link exists in older posts, which may have triggered the potential spam flag. So do not panic. I'll be along and free your stuck posts. If this only happens a few times in a year, it's no big deal.

Same for new users. If you cannot get in right away, and you are sure all your information was correct. Wait a day, and try to log in. Most of what is flagged by the system really is spammers with large reputations. But there have been a couple users flagged. I just did not want them to be frustrated that they thought the system was broken.

Puffy

Reaction score
I had to change my password in order to get logged in.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that I have not seen this post before now. If a new member, or a member that has 5 or less posts and a link = it goes into the approval queue. This slows down those nasty spammers that love to share links of all manner of things.
Also, if a registration has 1 or 2 spam alerts (name, IP or email) it will go to the approval queue. If 3 or more spam features it will be rejected.

Also, anyone registering that has a feature of a banned member, we will be alerted and it will go to the approval queue so we can keep trouble makers from returning.