Somerset Slices Gone.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
Called Peretti for an order of Somerset Slices and was told they don't make it anymore. Sad, sad day. :cry:

That does suck. Sadly I don't have a pile of that.. I don't know if Pipetongue sent his stash of that to Doc or to Slowpuffs.

I think Doc sold all his stuff but if that evil and wicked barbarian from the north is still alive at his decrepit age, and I'm sure he is because only the good die young, he may be able to part with a 5 gallon bucket or two...

Disappointing news there. This thread reminds me that I never wrote a review for it, which I'll go ahead and do. I only had an ounce to smoke, but thought it was great. Guess it didn't sell.

JimInks":57lzla6u said:
Disappointing news there.,, . Guess it didn't sell.
If I remember right it wasn't a listed tobacco. You had to ask for it when you called.

mark":kx4sm6az said:
JimInks":kx4sm6az said:
Disappointing news there.,, . Guess it didn't sell.
If I remember right it wasn't a listed tobacco. You had to ask for it when you called.
That would explain a lot.

This is bad news. Someone sent me a sample about 3 years ago along with some of their Boston slices. I enjoyed both very much. Peretti has the magic touch with burley.

From what I had heard, McC did the pressed/flake blends for them per their "recipe" and maybe their was some problem with quantity/pricing from McC? I know they had no pressing equipment in the store in Boston to do this process with a blend so go figure ! Had some years ago and as I recall it was a fine, fine flake. To bad it's gone. :twisted: :twisted:

Uff, I hope that's not true! Doesn't make sense to discontinue something that is guaranteed to hop off the shelves with no advertising. Then again, Dunhill did it, and it later came back with a vengeance. Who knows. Let's hope it's only a blip. :scratch:

I never had the pleasure of smoking this blend. I guess I won't miss what I've never had. :)

AJ

Same boat as AJ, never tried it but feel for you guys who know it well and will be missing it sorely.