Something different for me

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
A break from my usual tradition of having the first smoke in an unsmoked pipe be some aged Esoterica Stonehaven I’m actually have some aged H&H Mature Virgina in the Nording 15 Grade I recently picked up.

I’ve never smoked Mature Virginia and the tobacco reviews were sort of all over the place but having purchased 2 lbs of it I figured I’d wait and form my own opinion since for me that’s the one that counts.

Well my opinion is that I liked it very much but since I was putting it through pipes that had not been dedicated to any specific tobacco type I figured my best bet would break in a pipe with it and find out. Nording chooses to coat the inside of the bowl so I knew I’d have to clear that up with a few smokes before I’d taste pure H&H Mature Virginia and by gosh today was that day, I’d say, for me at least, I’m glad I took the chance on this purchase since it’s becoming a favorite. The plan is to smoke about 1/3 of a lb then jar up the rest, just wish it had been 5 lbs! So here I am keeping it smokey with some Mature Virginia in the Nording, cheers.
banjo

43503588860_463bda8e56_z_d.jpg

I'm also a fan of the Matured Virginia. Alas, I'm down to my last sealed tin and a jelly jar. Nice stuff!

Well not all that brave actually, 3 of the reviewers I know through the web, our smoking tobaccos sort of align, at least most of what I like they do as well and while other reviews I take with a grain of salt theirs I generally can bank on and as in the past it held through here as well, cheers.
banjo

Brewdude":2yo31g5e said:
Blackhorse":2yo31g5e said:
Nice pipe.

So...you bought TWO POUNDS of a blend you’d never tried before?  
With reviews that were “all over the place”?  
You are one brave lad.  :)

I concur....

:bball:

Cheers,

RR

I've scanned through all your pipe photos Mr Banjo. My only question is; Do you mind if I call you "dad?" :lol!: