SOTE

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Ok. Even as I write this I am a bit queazy. You guys were suppoesed to mention that when I get into these fuller blends to eat something first! Very full to me...hard to tell if it's the vitamin N that is getting me. Seems fuller bodied than Penzance and Nitecap. et this is viewed as a Meduim-full?? Well, I am gonna have to try again tomorrow with some food in me. but for now:

Very well balanced. The latakia seems to mellow and fade a bit as it burns down, where I believe I can pick up abit more of the VA that's in there. Smooth and mellow without bite ( and i was pulling a bit too agressively in my zeal I must admit).
Cool, and light on the tongue with plenty of smoke and a heavy room note. I am not good enough to discern the turkish yet, but by the end of the bowl I picked up on somehting besides the VA that was coming thru.I will be picking up some bulk and adding this in. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys, and thanks again Nick! for the sample!!

Great review Davey! SOTE at one time had almost a cult like following. I smoked a lot of it a few years ago and really enjoyed it. It now comes in a cake form but I haven't tried it. It sounds like it would be pretty good if you are getting into that style of tobacco.

Yeah,

It was really nice, I am gonna stock up...didn't know it was so popular ( or used to be?), but will be seeing more of this blend.

SotE is my go-to when I want to conserve my Odyssey....I have (11) 8 oz tins cellared,and about a pound jarred up to smoke.
I had a couple bowls out of a jar that wasn't disturbed since February 2005,just last week.You wouldn't believe the difference!Smoother-and seemed to me to be more complex,mayhap the spice came through a mite stronger.
Good stuff.
Tony

Actually SOTE Flake has some component changes. A diff variety of Orientals or something. Flake version taste different. Its still good but its not really SOTE. Personally I prefer the old loose cut over the new improved flake, but you can get either variety which is a good thing.

I just know that I've been smoking SOTE (bulk) for about three weeks and I absolutely love the stuff!!! Have the flake also; but it's gonna' age for a while!! FTRPLT