Source for Vaporette?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonardbill1

Reaction score
Anybody seen these small water vial humidifiers for sale recently? I searched the internet and all that I found was the link below to Smokers Haven which shows them being out of stock. It has been a long time since I purchased any, so I assume that they are no longer being produced and the only chance to find any would be old stock at a B&M.

mini-cigar-pipe-tobacco-humidifier-vaporette

They appear to be out of production. My local b&m had a couple when I was there. The only other website I seen mentioning them is a violin store, also out of stock.

May I ask why those instead of say a bovada pack?

Thanks. With the way that I do humidification I like to be able to see the water level. There are certain instances where I prefer to use distilled water rather than propylene glycol.

I did find a product called Humi-Care Black Ice Humidification that looks interesting. Not sure if it's still in production as it is out of stock with every seller that I found.

Thanks! Just ordered the Black Ice product. I think that it was out of stock on Amazon last night, but glad that you directed me back there.

I also use the Xikar crystal jars but have always used PG in them which over time has melted the crystals. I haven't yet found a good replacement for the crystals. Just ordered a product called JellyBeadZ that may work. I'll give them a try with distilled water.

What I like about the Vaporettes is that they are small and I can easily see the water level, plus they don't leak if they get bumped around and fall over. I'm mainly using them in 1 gallon and 2.5 gallon Tupperware for cigars and opened pipe tobacco tins. I also like them for rehyrating pipe tobacco in Mason jars.

Amazon also has xikar Crystal jars. There are also Crystal humidifiers in tube and disk form

One other thing you can do is buy humidifier beads in bulk(they sell them for flower vases for fresh flowers) and put them in a pill bottle with a few tiny holes drilled/poked In the lid.

Regarding the humidifier beads, I picked up a product on Amazon called Jelly Beadz. The instructions say that 1 tsp of the beads yields 1 quart of hydrated beads and I believe them. About a dozen of the beads hydrate into enough beads to fill a 2 oz Xikar crystal jar. And these beads are a higher quality than the ones that come with the Black Ice product. Several of beads that came with the Black Ice Product broke apart when they were hydrated. Also, the Black Ice containers are rather tall, so they won't fit into a container that lacks headroom. Both types of beads claim to maintain a 70% humidity level.