Sparky Anderson

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
My wife and I are the guarians of a handicaped boy.His name is Jamie.In 1987 he spent seven weeks in Childrens Hospital in Detroit.The doctors didn't think he would live,but he did.At that time Sparky Anderson was the manager of the Tigers.One day while Jamie was in the hospital Sparky visited and gave him an autographed baseball.That wasn't unusual for Sparky he visited the kids all the time when he could.He also raised a great deal of money for the hospital and the kids in it.That baseball has always,and always will be on display in my living room.A tribute to a very deserving American hero.

I dare say it will be a long time (maybe never) before another can come along and live up to the name of Sparky! He was a true gent on and off the field. Not many like him left in this world today. He'll be missed.

Being an avid baseball fan and living fairly close to Detroit I was able to see Sparky a few times as the skiper for the Tigers. Those are memories I will always cherish. He was a true rolemodel for the sport. He will be missed by many.

NCguy":zurlva5d said:
My wife and I are the guarians of a handicaped boy.His name is Jamie.In 1987 he spent seven weeks in Childrens Hospital in Detroit.The doctors didn't think he would live,but he did.At that time Sparky Anderson was the manager of the Tigers.One day while Jamie was in the hospital Sparky visited and gave him an autographed baseball.That wasn't unusual for Sparky he visited the kids all the time when he could.He also raised a great deal of money for the hospital and the kids in it.That baseball has always,and always will be on display in my living room.A tribute to a very deserving American hero.
That is a great story, thanks for posting it, NCguy.

RIP, Sparky!

I love stories like that!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, NCguy!!!

And, thank you, brother Sparky... for being such a humanitarian!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert