Special Thank You thread for the j-man

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

There is no more corrosive, sinking, disappointing feeling in the world that to bust your ass for someone---or some group of people---and have them take it for granted. Even if they do so through simple, honest ignorance of your effort and no greedy/evil intent at all, the "being taken advantage of" feeling can still seep in.

So. Special Thread Time.

For no other reason than because he felt like it, jhugget opened the can of time-consuming worms called a "plug-n-play" (LOL!) bb software package, and has been doing little else with his free time for the best part of a week than dicking around with it. And while we are all playing and splashing and lounging around the swimming pool, the guy who DUG the damn thing is over there in the pump house, covered in grease and busting his knuckles trying to adjust valves and get the water temperature just the way we like it.

I say, "Buy that man a beer, and get him a chair!"

J, somehow, the Sonora Spirit infused you, and this marvelous board is the result.

Thank you so very, very much. You da Man. :heart:

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Wow, thanks LL. That's extremely considerate of you. I don't think you guys could ever make me feel taken for granted though. :D

Here Here LL, couldn't have said it better. JH you have my never ending thanks for providing this board, and for all your efforts keeping this rag tag bunch together.

All for one and one for all

Jason,

This IS the SPIRIT OF SONORA!

You must know exactly how the SMOKER made each one of us feel.

I am proud to know that all of us will light up on New Years Day at the same time.

Lotsa Goodwill floatin around this place.

You created a beacon to guide us all by.

Thank you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lighthouse keeper.

tj

Brothah Jason:

I often find myself ratifying LL's posts, at least mentally, regardless of whether I say so in writing. But this is one case wherein a hearty nod of assent to LL's thanks is no mere propriety—it's a pleasure. The "Sonora Spirit" isn't something that's necessarily limited to those who might ever be able to show up at such events. It's a general spirit of Brothahshiphoodness that I associate with this bunch of mutants in particular. Everyone contributes something just by showing up here (or on the Knox BB, or wherever...), but the fact that here exists at all is a whopper, amigo. It's entirely consistent with that spirit, and it wouldn't have happened without you. Ya done good.

So, here's my heartfelt thanks for having the initiative and taking the time to build this romper room for us kiddies. :cheers:

I raise a glass of fine libation and burn a bowl of 'baccy in your honor. I'd shake your hand, but there's pump grease all over it.

Vito :joker:

This is just another example of Jason's good deeds, and Lord knows he needs a lot more before he is done. Jason, I have a tin of tobacco for you if you want to come south for it.

LL wrote: "Thank you so very, very much. You da Man. :heart: "

Nail... hammer... head!

JT :gatewheel:

Jason, thank you.... this is great and a great place to be. :!: :!:

Paul :elephant:

Even' Jason,The Founders Fathers couldn't have done better, still exp;oring! 8)
Pacem en Puffing! 8)

Hope you like it Ken. Let us know if there is anything we can do to improve it.

I know I am a new guy here Jason.. But it sounds like you have made a place called home away from home where we Brothers can learn to smile inside and out like kids again.. Kids make mistakes like always.. But it is good to know there are people like you who care and put out that extra time to help make our playground safe.. Bless you and the Brothers of which now I am proud to be one.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck...

Thanks... Truthfully I'm a little embarrassed. When this thread was so thoughtfully constructed we were in the middle of some growing pains that eventually lead me to not want me to run the board anymore. It was coming between me and people who I respected and called friends even though I never met them. That's why Dock took over running the board.

Now we've got a better system set up for dealing with issues and it's been a lot smoother running. There's really not a lot to it now being I have so much help from the best bunch of guys.

So while I appreciate the thanks it really belongs to everyone that makes this place BoB equally.