Spirit Smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Every thursday for the past year or two I have smoked a 'prayer' bowl of PSLNF for Bro Tony and his family. Its become somewhat of a ritual.. I spend an hour or so sending up wish's for prosperity and health in the form of smoke. I don't know if this has caused good on his side of it but I spend an hour or so every week thinking about someone elses wants and needs instead of my own. That's got to help my soul in some way or another. I do know that for this small amount of time I feel connected and peaceful..

Anyone else do anything like this? Or am I the only nutball on here?

I think it's a wonderful idea. When one of the brothers or cisterns expresses a need or is going through a tough time, I'll sometimes fill the pipe with his/her favorite smoke as a way of thinking about them.

Then, there's the Dark Plug that Ken sent me. It sends off special Karma to sports teams. It works. Last year's world series and I smoked it during game six or the Celtics/Lakers. It's being saved for Bosox/Yankee games over the summer.

:mrgreen:

About once a month I smoke a bowl of a latakia blend in my dad's estate pipe in memory of him and my other known ancestors that have passed on. Several years ago, I would smoke kinninnick in my catlinite pipe with reed stem after a successful hunt or fishing trip in thanks.

Jim

A very fine idea. I smoke my Uncle David's pipes--especially his calabash--thoughtfully with his memory in mind. (Like me, kept a very clenched jaw when smoking, so I can line up my bite with his tooth-hole in the bit.)

I occasionally smoke my great-grandfathers hand-made cherrywood pipe. Large bowl is CW; do not know what wood he used for the long, slightly curved stem. Have no idea what he smoked in it; probably some RJR burley blend. I don't "do" straight burley; so I smoke non-latweed Va/Turkish instead. FTRPLT

pb, It's how I stay "sober", by thinking and dong for others, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Sometimes when I'm smoking, someone who has requested prayer, or someone I feel needs prayer, hits me and I'll spiritually smoke.

I like this idea of dedicating a special blend for prayers, and may start to do this as well.

Great idea.

According to a Shaman I was fortunate to talk with, the complete package way is to smoke with your back against a tree, near fresh water (a flowing stream or river is ideal, but as long as standing water isn't stagnant, a lake or pond is fine).

I speculate that, this way, you're at an intersection where all the worlds are interconnected.

:face:

Man!I just made a five or six -paragraph post about our prayers with the sacred pipe in the inipi scheduled for tonight in observance of the solstice,and accidentally brushed the Esc key,deleting it!
As a spiritual leader of the Native American Church in Indiana,I say that a smoke is a good prayer! :lol: I am leaving my altar on the shelf for a time,as I really have no time for the ceremonies;and find more enrichment in Zazen and karate-still,every time I smoke,I try to remember someone's need,someone else's wealth,and my gratitude for life.Respectfully-Tony

Been on a hunerd or so fishing trips with my father-in-law. He recanted, many times, about his father smoking PA in his pipes. Once told him I wished he had saved the pipes. FIL asked me "Why". Told him I'd smoke em. FIL asked me "Why." Told him RESPECT! He smiled in his hard ass Montana way. He knew what I was saying. I know what YOU are saying.

:heart:

I don't think you are a nut at all! I say it is a noble endeaver and I believe if Jesus was here right now that he would sit right down with us and have a smoke.

There is peace in the pipe and can put you in the right spirit for prayer and meditation.

Justpipes":z3nuhox5 said:
I believe if Jesus was here right now that he would sit right down with us and have a smoke.
Chance are, it would be high grade Syrian Latakia and not some funky ol' gentile blend like Walnut.

:D

thomas james":f3b1aaqv said:
Justpipes":f3b1aaqv said:
I believe if Jesus was here right now that he would sit right down with us and have a smoke.
Chance are, it would be high grade Syrian Latakia and not some funky ol' gentile blend like Walnut.

:D
I guess you got me on that one TJ!

:cheers: :lol:

I guess I'd have to agree with all of you folks. The pipe is a vessel for contemplation, and what better way to celebrate, or rekindle thoughts of past friends/relatives, or those in need for some spiritual healing. I like to commemorate a particular pipe for a particular occasion/person. Happens that the last 2 pipes that I have christened one is for the passing of my Dad, the other for the First Red Sox World Series Win in 86 years.
Great thread,
Best to all.
:D :D :D