Squadron Leader MIA?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal Ling

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I have just started dipping my toes into English blends and after reading quite a few positive reviews on Squadron Leader, I decided I wanted to hunt down a tin but it seems like there is none available -at least for the moment.

My question is, could someone who has had their finger on the tobacco supply pulse longer than I have please tell me what the situation is with this tobacco's availability? Has stock temporarily dried up due to panic-buying? Has production of it ceased entirely? I just don't want to chase rainbows if there is no hope for getting to the pot of gold at the end.

Thanks in advance!

Just another case of the SG and G&H (now one company again) being out of product again. Their production is all in one warehouse with separated facilities. Production is limited. Keep looking; it'll show up again!! :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":0e6669gl said:
Just another case of the SG and G&H (now one company again) being out of product again. Their production is all in one warehouse with separated facilities. Production is limited. Keep looking; it'll show up again!! :cheers: FTRPLT
Thanks! I'll on the lookout for it.

Hal Ling":di1f2s3b said:
ftrplt":di1f2s3b said:
Thanks! I'll on the lookout for it.
If you haven't tried it, Presbyterian is somewhat similar and is currently available.

ftrplt":f0jnu1xp said:
This^.

SG and G&H tobacco supplies ebb and flow. According to Bob Gregory, there's a shipment looming.

Cup o' Joes had a load of G&H tins today, although they did sell out quick. That tends to happen when the hoarders feel as though there's a sense of impending doom. ;)

You might try eacarey.co.uk their Castle Blend is made by Samuel Gawith. Its supposedly their version of squadron leader. I'm having issues with my internet connection right now so I can't see if they currently have any in stock but I have had good luck with them having their "private" lable blends on hand.

Jim

D.L.Ruth":98waqv0l said:
Just placed an order at tobaccopipes for some
Glad I can help. I grabbed a 250g box as it seems that Samuel Gawith sends a shipment over about every six months or so. Next time around I think I will get some Skiff Mixture too as I want to try that.

rgcurrey":a415uuvj said:
D.L.Ruth":a415uuvj said:
Just placed an order at tobaccopipes for some
Glad I can help.  I grabbed a 250g box as it seems that Samuel Gawith sends a shipment over about every six months or so.  Next time around I think I will get some Skiff Mixture too as I want to try that.
Skiff is one of my favorites along with SL. It took me a while to get used to it but it's one of those that is easy to grow fond of. Tastes milder than SL to me in terms of less 'leathery, smokey' taste but richer in body.