St. James? (Not the Sam Gawith one)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarlockBob

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I recently acquired multiple pounds of tobacco from a very nice woman; her husband had died earlier this year, and he was a tobacco hoarder. This lady wasn't sure what to do with it, but had pulled my email from the NASPC newsletter (whenever I write an article, it has my personal email listed) and contacted me, asking if I'd take the tobacco her late husband had socked away in jars. Not being one to let good tobacco go to waste, I happily obliged, and sent her checks to cover the postage for this tobacco.

Now that I'm going through some of it, I've found an interesting blend that I've not actually had before - this gentleman labeled it on the jar as St. James, which he jarred in '09, but it's not St. James Flake. This tobacco is very dark like it, but is a ribbon cut, with a sweet tin note that I'd place as chocolate. I've not had any in a briar, but in a cob the sweetness sticks with the blend, with a decent amount of body to the smoke and a decent room note.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be? This gentleman seemed to buy a LOT of bulk from P&C (most all the tobacco I've received has been PS bulks and Hearth & Home Burley Kake), so I wasn't sure if this was something they have carried, or if it was a house blend from near where he was living.

Thanks for any info in advance!

Yo war

I would guess it is The Smoker's St. James. Is the chocolate note maybe the perique at work?

hp
les

i do not know if now , but st. james woods was available in ribbon back in the 90's. i used to buy it from barry levin.