St. Patrick’s Day Roundup

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtvernon

Reaction score
I thought for sure someone would mention St. Patrick’s Day! What did you do for yesterday’s celebration? We did the American-ish Corned Beef (sans cabbage - it’s no use with my kids), The Quiet Man (an epic movie AND prolific pipe film), and had me some Jameson Stout Edition along with my 1998 Peterson St. Patrick’s Day with some Fr. Dempsey. A rousing story of the history of St. Patrick for the kiddies rounded out this socially distanced day of celebration. How did you all fare?
3406490B-3208-4F59-9702-077AB3967227.jpeg

Attachments

• 2647D2C0-5B9A-4A14-99EF-4C2A064DD2BB.jpeg
    2647D2C0-5B9A-4A14-99EF-4C2A064DD2BB.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • C4745551-8040-4B1F-AFEF-9A314031B5BE.jpeg
    C4745551-8040-4B1F-AFEF-9A314031B5BE.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Somewhat the same!! No corned beef & cabbage as Her Majesty scorns both!! However, several proper pub glasses filled with Guinness (at a proper room temp!!) followed by the Jameson Stout edition put all in a St. Paddy's day mode to watch the "Quiet Man" on TCM. Ol' Barry Fitzgerald fired up his pipe once again; ah, the good ol' days!! FTRPLT (28% Irish BTW!!)

My “Her Majesty” and all my princesses would have forbidden the corned beef if they had a chance. I wasn’t about to let them in on it.

Curiously , when I put on The Quiet Man, I imagined I’d be watching it all by myself. Before too long, all my kids and my wife were in the room watching it with me. Towards the end, my wife looked at me in mock concern and said “I don’t think this movie would get me these days.” My reply was, “So what’s so great about these days?”

Wife was scheduled for oral surgery on tuesday so knew she would not be able to eat on wed except for yogurt and mush. So we did St. Pats meal early. On sat we did traditional Irish
Corned beef with potatos, carrots, and cabbage with friends from the neighborhood. I managed a couple of smokes posted on the smoking forum. Last night had PS luxury navy flake in a Pete with Irish cream on the rocks. Very soothing after a busy day.

No corned beef or cabbage. The wife made tacos and if she makes it I figure it's best not to argue.

My St Pat’s celebration consisted of some excellent Irish teas with each meal...Thompson’s, Lyons & Barry’s.(BTW I’m 50% Irish & my wife is “more”)

I was going to get a corned beef thing the day prior but the woman in front of me snagged the last one. And that was on the 16th...and the woman was decked out in every Irish cliche possible from the green glitter bowler to a green vest covered with every Irish pin possible...green plaid mask...actual blackthorne cain! Just a little defensive, she snapped, “Well, whatter YOU lookin’ at?” right at me! Little wizened thing looked like a leprechaun. I replied I was looking for her pot of gold. So she wandered off cackling to herself with a secretive, “HAH! You’ll never find it!” Very festive.

Hope you had a happy day.

7523CB67-F024-4F14-AADA-781F46F5CFD3.jpeg