Stanley Cup Playoffs start today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobJ

Reaction score
Any hockey fans out there? Who do you like to take the Cup? I'm a life long Red Wings fan and while I think they're a long shot, anything can happen during the playoffs.

Ah yes the Jets. So glad Winnipeg has a team again, I have family there, and I'm happy to see them make the playoffs for the first time in ages it seems. Heck I still have my Jets sweater from the early '80s.

A definite possibility, even likely . Vigneault's a great coach. Too bad the Canucks didn't can their old GM before he could can V. Vancouver is my adopted team here in the Pacific Northwest so I follow them as well as the Wings back home.

Capitals fans were feeling pretty good, until the game started.....we're currently down 3-1 midway thru the 3rd.

The Isles look pretty tough and played us tough all year. Holtby usually doesn't give up three goals. Hopefully the Caps can shake off the cobwebs, but this game looks lost.

Used to love watching hockey. I lived less than a mile away from the HP Pavillion in San Jose for a couple of years. We caught a lot of games there and the tickets were always pretty cheap. Not so much anymore. All said, I was never a Sharks fan though.

The playoffs are always great though, as it usually takes a different kind of team to win it all, and typically the fancypants fast skating regular season world beater finesse squads get ground down to a fine pulp.

Wings are up 3 to 2 with 7 and change left in the 3rd vs Lightening Bolts. Wild game

Rangers score first goal in 28 seconds. :shock: Win first game 2-1. :cheers:

There were some really great games last night. There's nothing quite like the playoffs.

I'll be watching the Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames this evening. Goooo Canucks!

Wow, the Caps pull out a come from behind victory, with a back up goalie. WHEW.

Some very exciting hockey so far, Canucks beat the Flames 4 to 1.

Rangers lost to penguins,,,rough game, penalty heavy.

mark":txbvbk76 said:
Rangers lost to penguins,,,rough game, penalty heavy.
And the Crosby/Kunitz line is now working, bad news for everyone else...
Caps play the Isles at noon, noon??. If the weather is nice I'll miss this one as well.
Holtby sounds like he is back. He was apparently sick, which explains the performance in Game 1.
Hopefully the rest of the team can ride the wave into today's game.

Wings were really buried yesterday, hoping for a much better game 3 and also that Vancouver brings their game against Calgary this evening.

I think the Canucks are in real trouble vs Calgary but I'm quite happy the Wings came ready to play last night beating the Bolts 3-0 with the rookie Mrazek claiming his first NHL playoff shout out. Goooo Wings.