Stanley Cup Playoffs start today!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're on vacation, but I was able to watch the final minutes of the Caps/Rangers tonight. This is more like it. Holtby's first playoff shutout, nice work!

10696_10152843393656762_5075007519820000758_n.png

It's really been a bad series so far for me. Every team I've chosen to champion has either been eliminate already or in all likely hood will not survive the current round. Man I've never had this happen before.

My one prayer is that someone, anyone, steps up and takes Chicago down.

:lol!:

Ahh the Caps are done, That Holtby is a heck of a goalie for sure.

Yep, as Caps fans love to say "Well, maybe next year".....
When my Penguin fan buddies were teasting me about "what happened". I had to reply:
"We lost a thing called a "Game 7" in a "Second Series" I know Pens fans are more used to the word "Swept". Still talking trash, even in defeat.
At least we took a 2nd round to the limit. We just couldn't solve King Henry, he is a stone wall.
Holtby saved us from getting shellacked, hopefully his star is rising.
We got all the break last night, so no sour grapes here, we just flat out lost.

Rangers/Lightening should be good one.

1012276_10152857786366762_4571085542548622678_n.png

Agreed regarding your Pengies comment. :lol!:

Indeed the Rangers vs Bolts should be a good series.

I think Holtby's best years are ahead, I'm really impressed by his play. I felt the same way about Corey Crawford the first time I saw him play with the Blackhawks. I just knew he was going to be a top shelf goal tender; Stanley Cup quality. No disrespect to Lundqvist of course, if not for him the Rangers would likely have been out after the first round I think.

I also think Trotz is a great coach, I really liked him at Nashville, and think he made a really positive contribution to the Capitals.

Speaking of coaches, now that Babcock has been given the green light by Detroit to talk to other teams I'm thinking he's all but gone at this point. Detroit's loss will be a heck of a gain for another team. On the other hand he has been behind the Wings bench for 10 years and all things must pass so maybe it's time. I dunno.

weedsnager":yrlnavf5 said:
Hawks/ducks today, who do you guys like ?
Chicago! I would love to see an all original six final with New York vs Chicago!

Amen to that. I'm rooting for the Rangers, as a lifelong Wings fan there's no way I can back Chicago. I'm no Ducks fan either so I'm not paying attention to that series.

I agree. Hawks/Rangers would be a classic final.I don't think the Nhl and Nbc want to see an Anaheim/Tampa Final

Well the way my luck has been running in the Playoffs it may well be Ducks vs Bolts in the Final.

I thought the Hawks played good for a road game after a 10 game break, I'd much rather see darling in net instead of Crawford

It seems the goalies have been the most important players in the few series' I've really paid attention to.

Chicago may make a change after losing 4-1. Crawford certainly is a top shelf goal tender when healthy but he can have bad games too of course.

Crawford is ok in my book, I watch most every Hawks game. In my opinion there's not been very many games where the team just played ok and Crawford was the reason they won..he can play great at times, but he never goes 2 or 3 games without letting in a really bad goal

Did the Rangers get spanked last night or what? Man that was hard to watch. They lost 6-2.

Whale of a game going on right now Ducks are up 2 - 1 in the 2nd.

Old news by now I'm sure but Babcock in now coaching the Maple Leafs. Good luck to him and thanks for 10 great years with the Red Wings.

Babcock gonna make more than double any Nhl coach !

Hawks look flat tonight.

Wow, I can't yet predict a winner in the two semi's. Should be one heck of a final series, whoever makes it. I just hope that both teams aren't worn out!

Amen. I'm going to predict Ducks vs Bolts in the final, but since I actually said that it will probably be Rangers vs Blackhawks.

The Blackhawks just looked out played last night. Personally I think the Ducks are just a better team, but then I hate the Blackhawks so my objectivity is in question.

RobJ":c17n3mqa said:
Amen. I'm going to predict Ducks vs Bolts in the final, but since I actually said that it will probably be Rangers vs Blackhawks.

The Blackhawks just looked out played last night. Personally I think the Ducks are just a better team, but then I hate the Blackhawks so my objectivity is in question.

Your prediction is looking pretty good at the moment. I don't think the Hawks can win game 7 on the road if it gets that far