Starting out...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
I'm still learning how this system works being I literally put it all together in a couple of hours yesterday. A few things...

As you can see there is a Google Ads banner at the top now. This is how forumotion is able to have their service for free. Those adds are not affiliated with the site in anyway they are just context sensitive so if we are talking about pipes they are going to display links to pipe retailers. If they become a problem I can pay to get rid of them. More on that later though.

I'm still figuring out how to set permissions correctly so I can assign moderating abilities and administrative abilities. This forum is running the newest version of phpBB3 and I've never worked with it, not to mention they have a proprietary user interface with it. Right now I think I have Puff Daddy and thomas james set up as moderators. I'll supply links to how you go about doing moderator tasks as soon as it's available.

We'll also have to figure out what Categories and Sections we want on the forums. I just put up what came to mind when I was setting it up. It's far from complete so if you have any ideas post them in the Community Direction section. Even if you think we should trash the current organization and start from scratch.

Thanks for the support guys!

Apparently I am able to remove the ads for free so that's a nonissue now. I also think I have the moderator settings right now. I'll just keep clicking along until I figure it out.

When I am at home, ads are a non-issue. Firefox/Iceweasel with Flashblock & Adblock +, keep it under control. At work, I am one of the helpless Winders IE inDUHviduals. Thanks! :)