Stem Polish/Cleaner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Rock

Reaction score
I am having problems finding a good stem cleaner. Can anyone tell me a good brand to use and where to get it? I am also looking for a good pipe polish too.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

I use a jewlers polish on my stems. I think it is called Diamond something and comes in a round blue and white plastic container a little large than a shoe polish can. Some folks call it jewler's rouge. Savinelli also offers a good one that I have used.

As for pipe polish though some on here might cringe, I use Briar Pipe Wipe. Most pipe shops carry it. Follow the instructions to the "T" and it works great. I have been using it for years without any negative effects and it keeps my pipes looking good. It is also a good for preventing oxidation on vulcanite stems.

Justpipes":qt34jqeb said:
Jeff,

I use a jewlers polish on my stems. I think it is called Diamond something and comes in a round blue and white plastic container a little large than a shoe polish can. Some folks call it jewler's rouge. Savinelli also offers a good one that I have used.

As for pipe polish though some on here might cringe, I use Briar Pipe Wipe. Most pipe shops carry it. Follow the instructions to the "T" and it works great. I have been using it for years without any negative effects and it keeps my pipes looking good. It is also a good for preventing oxidation on vulcanite stems.
I have used the savinelli stem polish and it seems to work well. Probably better if I had a buffer. I also use the briar pipe wipe with good success.