Steve Jobs.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
I was never a fan of the man but I found a funny glitch in one of the movies that are supposedly biographic.
Minutes before the introduction of the iMac He supposedly told John Sculley he killed the Newton because of the stylus. Steves reasoning? When you are using a stylus you can't use the other five on your hand.

5 years after Steve's death Apple sells a stylus for the iPad Pro.

PB, I reckon Apple are generating electricity for their data centres from Steve Jobs spinning in his grave with all the over complicating they're doing lately. Steve was a minimalist who tried to get things as simple as possible. With all the extra crap they've added and changed recently, I'm thinking of going to an android device and putting linux mint on my MacBook.

It's not just Apple, MS have it in spades with all their OS's past 7. Horrible interfaces to use. A pox on both their houses.

No cheers

Tim

I just know all he could ever do is whine about Samsung, Android, PC & Windows. Lol

I don't know about the complications because I'm a 1 iOS device guy.
There are iPhones, IPads, and a MacBook in the house but I currently only own the 9.7 Pro.

Only reason I have it instead of my ancient of days iPad Air is because my tech guy for hardware repairs is a slow stoner. I broke the screen, he replaced it in 4 days. The replacement had a large dead spot (most of the keyboard). He agreed to fix it, but then he literally went on vacation. Got it to him as soon as he got in. After another entire week waiting I said screw it, sold some stuff I didn't need, and bought a new one. He finally got it back earlier this week. My middle kid currently has it.

I did read where they switched the new MacBooks from magnet charge cord to a USB-c plug in. Seemed like a giant leap backwards. The cords will be cheaper to repair but MacBooks will now skitter across the floor like an idevice when you trip over said cord.

I use an iPad for the fun of it and ALL the great apps. But because of all the issues with MS and Apple in the past few years, since 2007 I only use Linux based OS. Either Cento ( my server ) or Ubuntu Mate on my laptop. Both work flawlessly and there is great software available. Even though I'm MCP & MCM Certified I'm basically done with MS. I've been writing code for Linux for a number of years.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!