Stokkebye Long Cut Virginia

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJack

Reaction score
I'm am not going into any long dissertation here. You can read my review at TR. This is a soft, tasty Virginia with no additives and with absolutely no bite. A perfect warm weather blend. No major flavor explosion, complexity or big nicotine hit. I've had Gawith's Medium Virginia Flake and this is definitely tastier. If you like Mac Baren's #1 Virginia than I guarantee you will like this and probably better. Great by itself , it also is excellent for blending purposes. Dirt Cheap. Can be had at smokingpipes.com for less than $22/lb.

I love the cut of Mac Barens's #1 but unfortunately for ME it bites like a rabid wolverine. I smoke a fair amount of Stokkebye LTF, LNF and Cube Cut and find them all superb value for money smokes and satisfying in every way.

Based upon your recommendation, I must now consider Long Cut Virginia ... :cheers:

I'm starting to become a big fan of Stokkebye. If you like Cube Cut then you will have to try Fincks Golden Cavendish which is made for them by Stokkebye. I like Cube Cut but the Golden Cavendish has much more flavor. I actually like the Golden Cavendish better than I like the Long Cut Virginia.

I totally agree about Va. Longcut. I had been trying to find an all day non bite all Va. and this is it
Been wearing it out in my natural cobs ,briars and my meer reserved for Va.s.
I also reviewed it on TR.
Their balkan Supreme is sublime & is rapidly taking the place of Balkan Saseni in my english pipes

Funn

I liked the stuff quite a bit too when I first started with the pipe. I haven't smoked it in a while. I picked up a bunch of new Virginias that I like better (FVF, Blackwoods, etc), but it is still on my good list.