Stolen! 1926 Barling.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
I saw this thread at Pipes Magazine, and in case the thief has the idea to try to sell it somewhere, I wanted to get the word out about this stolen Barling.

Here's the OP:
At last weekend's Greater Kansas City Pipe Club Pipe Show a 1926 Barling Spigot was stolen. This is an incredibly uncommon pipe, so if you happen to catch a glimpse of such a pipe, you are most likely looking at stolen property.

The Pipedia Barling Page has images of a Barling with 1926 hallmarks. If I get permission, I will post an image of the pipe shape from Jesse Silver's Barling Catalog reproduction.

pipedia.org/wiki/Barling

Here's a link to the thread:
pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/stolen-1926-barling-spigot?replies=16#post-1136535

You can see photos of the pipe there.

We made an announcement at the show about it. We actually thought it had been found. It turned out to be another Barling Spigot...what are the odds?!

If everyone could keep any eye on on TheBay and other places that pipes are frequently sold it would be greatly appreciated.

I personally feel it wasn't taken to be resold but to be added to the thief's collection. That will make it harder to find, but we may get lucky. And it "fell off the edge of the table into my bag" doesn't work because that pipe wasn't anywhere near the edge of the table.

scotties22":7r3z1ae4 said:
We made an announcement at the show about it.  We actually thought it had been found.  It turned out to be another Barling Spigot...what are the odds?!

If everyone could keep any eye on on TheBay and other places that pipes are frequently sold it would be greatly appreciated.  

I personally feel it wasn't taken to be resold but to be added to the thief's collection.  That will make it harder to find, but we may get lucky.  And it "fell off the edge of the table into my bag" doesn't work because that pipe wasn't anywhere near the edge of the table.
Thanks for the info. I know posting about it may be fruitless, but I figured I had to try and help, just in case the thief gets stupider than I think he is.

May the THIEF smoke this rare beauty and CHOKE...:cheers:

It would take some PAIR of ? ? to sell this 1926 Barling!

My eyes will remain open!!  IF this 1926 Barling Spigot is posted online ANYWHERE for sale I will be notified.