Storage Upgrade!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frost

Reaction score
Today I went from this:

To this!

uprigh10.jpg

img_1217.jpg

img_1216.jpg

img_1218.jpg

My wife was out shopping today with a friend and ended up in a consignment furniture shop. She knew I was wanting a curio type thing, saw this for $125 and sent me a pic. A few hours later we were haulin' it home in the back of her old man's Ford Exploder. Transferred all the goodies over and I've stil got room to spare.

Ended up getting it for $93.75! The finish is a little dinged up and it could use a new top, but that just means it matches the rest of our furniture! :lol:

Needless to say I am a happy Frosty.

Congratulations man! Looks like you have a great set-up going there. Enjoy!!!

Now that's classy! And with the glass doors, only a very crafty cat could sneak in and mess with your stuff!
Good teamwork between you, the wife, the father in-law and the Ford Exploder on this purchase! :cheers:

Thanks guys :D

I suspect they will be safe from the cats for the most part.

The only thing our cats seem to have figured out how to open so far is our liquor cabinet. I guess we have alcoholic cats. :lol:

Niiiice! I´ve seriously been contemplating the same sort of upgrade. Mine´s virtually identical to the "before" shot. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yeah I had been searching ebay and craigslist forever hoping for just this sort of deal, but everything I could find in those two places was either ugly, prohibitively expensive, too far away or some combination of the three. An antique shop near me had some neat stuff but again, most of it was mucho dinero. Auction/Yard/Garage/estate sales and consignment shops would seem to be the best bet. Good luck in your quest!

Indeed. I've still got 3 drawers to fill! The top shelf is mostly just samples of stuff from other brothers. The bottom drawer of jars is mostly other stuff I have opened/tried but for one reason or another don't reach for that often.

Gives me a good excuse to buy more tobacco.

Frost":j7nyjpgl said:
The finish is a little dinged up and it could use a new top, but that just means it matches the rest of our furniture!
Sounds like furniture with some great character. That's a beautiful piece. Congratulations!

Nicely done! In the summer I went from a portion of a kitchen cupboard to an old piece of furniture. It's really nothing more than a beat up wash stand with storage on the bottom, but hey, it's mine!

Frost, what you have there, is what I hope for one day. Something nice to display my pipes and enough space to really start cellar.

Kudos!

That's a handsome piece of furniture. It reminds me of an antique cabinet we had in my house growing up.

That was a really sweet find! Wish I had that kind of storage potential! 8)

Thanks fellas. Most of the drawers are pretty much filled up now...still room for a few more tins and then i'm going to have to figure out some sort of annex for additional storage.