Storing Open Tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3604

Reaction score
In my quest to find a new favorite tobacco after my old one became no longer available, I ordered several brands. Of course, now I have several opened tins.

What is the best way to store them now? I have put them in sealer jars but some of the jars are only half  filled. Will this tobacco keep for a while?

Arguably, forever. Fill rate doesn't really matter. I've had lots of half full jars reseal themselves.

Well, I use the smallest jars possible, that's all. Round tins should be OK for a few to several months.

As the contents of jars grows smaller I transfer them to smaller jars to reduce the headspace. I find that if the jar is under half full the 'baccy will accelerate the rate of dryness, depending on the individual 'baccy. Including and especially now, since I'v moved to a very low r/h climate.

Cheers,

RR

I only have 1/2 pint and quart sized jars, everything fits into one of those lol. Sometimes I feel like I'm over siding the 1/2 pints since they will just barely fit about 2 oz.