Storing square tins

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
When storing square tins such as S.G. Kendal Cream or MacBaren H.H. Burley Flake, to name a couple, do you put each tin in a baggie or just put it away? Some of these tins
I will probably never smoke, so I put them each in a baggie. Is it really necessary? If the tobacco tins are stored in a cool, dark, dry place, are the baggies needed? What do
you all do with your storage?

I might be the exception to the rule as I've had a few square tins pop open when bumped. I've never had a round tin pop open by accident. Having said that I normally just store all my square tins in a shoe boxes in my tobacco cabinet. The couple that have popped open I have put in a ziploc until smoked up.

None so far but don't have that many square tins. If one did pop open I have a large round jar with a sealed top that I store open round tins in. Would just stick it in there.

Some of these tins I will probably never smoke, so I put them each in a baggie.
Now that hit my funny bone! If you're not gonna smoke 'em, whaddya care if the tobacco dries out? I speak as one who has wrapped tobacco tins and boxes of already covered with cello with multiple layers of food grade plastic wrap.

giphy.gif

When storing square tins such as S.G. Kendal Cream or MacBaren H.H. Burley Flake, to name a couple, do you put each tin in a baggie or just put it away? Some of these tins
I will probably never smoke, so I put them each in a baggie. Is it really necessary? If the tobacco tins are stored in a cool, dark, dry place, are the baggies needed? What do
you all do with your storage?
For those you are never going to smoke feel free to send them my way. Will be glad to store them for you. LOL.

Never had a problem with square tins, although I've heard of it. I have many, the oldest from 1990, and live in high altitude. Store them right and I think you should have no issues.