[strike]Leaving[/strike] Left town for a couple of days.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Sometimes, I think BoB is like  a friendly parole board, expecting me to check in daily and let everyone know things are fine (by rambling as usual).   :lol:

They are (as well as they could be, anyway), but I'm disappearing until next Monday.  I'll be fishing and staying in a little century-old, franklin-stove type log cabin up in the Sierras for a few days.  Just the better half and myself (little gift from the (not) in-laws).  Kayak, fishing tackle, typewriter, hiking boots, warm clothes, a book,  camera, pipe, pens, and paper.  Maybe an AM/MW radio.   Snowed up there all week, but who cares?  

Don't freak out if I'm off the grid for a while.    If I don't come back, don't fight over my pipes I left behind.  :heart:

8)

Damn that sounds like fun. I need to get back to the woods soon. <sniffle>

Have fun! :D

Ya, but just think about the burden of catching up on things once you're back.

Never thought about that didja?

beafro.gif

Cheers,

RR

Back.

Bittersweet return, but necessary. Can't evade and avoid life forever, no matter how much I want to (quite frankly, avoiding had a high cost, either intrinsically, financially or emotionally...)

The weather wasn't awful, but it wasn't good. Got one good half-day, the rest was 50+ MPH winds, rain, fog and barely getting above 50F. Nights were, naturally, freezing. :lol:

We did what we do best: made the best of it. Caught some AM radio baseball games. Did a little bit of photography (my camera is not even in the slightest water/moisture resistant). Played dominoes and scrabble. Watched wildlife. Ate well. Drank good whiskey. Smoked plenty of pipes. Hiking, fishing and kayaking were nearly impossible.

The best times I had were in the very early morning or at sunset just listening to the trees, drinking tea or whiskey, and watching the day transition.

I woke up to the fact I need to not grasp on to little bullsh*t and let it fester; appreciate what I have at the moment, rinse and repeat. Never know what tomorrow will bring, and that the good now is always better than the abstract yonder.

Meh. Kind of a personal thing, but truth be told: wouldn't have changed anything as it was up there. Expectations are meant to be flexible, no? :D

8)

Pictures as I go through them.

A warm, tidy cottage/cabin by a lake when it's raining & windy -- doesn't get much better than that. :heart: 

:face: 
WATER SIGN

Images from the front deck, and...of the front deck......tried fishing that morning, but I got up before the fish, it seemed...so...

10046426143_8276bd0180_b.jpg

10046281744_41b95919f4_b.jpg

...time warp to a bygone era for some writing... Fountain pens, pipes, paper and a typewriter (1952[?] Smith-Corona Skyriter)...

10046318885_0d2afdfe6c_b.jpg

8)

Woulda taken more, but... that morning was the only good weather I had... :lol:

8)

It was a necessary break. Some of you know the ongoing Weissian Saga that just doesn't seem to let up, and it gave me a chance to separate myself from it all.

Some good things in the works now that I'm back with clear head and energized.

Watch out, world. Not gonna sit down quite yet.

8)