Subterfuge by GrampaGrossbart!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravel

Reaction score
He's a sneaky guy I tell ya. He sends me an innocent sounding PM requesting information about another guy in the are (FF). I give him the info he seeks and forget about it. FF sends me a texts and informs me he has "something to give me".

Immediately my mind shifts to GG's innocent sounding query. He certainly has been up to these generous shenanigans before...

I arrive at FF's place and he hands me a bag that reads: "Gravel BOOOM!" Complete with custom typographical art on the bag. Inside the bag there was an ounce of Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard and a 50g tin of SG Navy Flake. BOLB is a wonderful tasting English that will find its way into my pipes this fall/winter as the weather turns wet. The Navy I'll save for now as I have a few VAs I've already got open this summer.

Pictures will follow tonight when I get home.

Boy oh boy!

Oh what a very covert operation, nice bombing GG, BOLB & Navy Flake, very generous of him, enjoy them both in rude good health G. :cheers: 

Ha, hope you enjoy! This was a longtime coming...picked up the Old Limey when I was in Asheville for a bachelor party, and hornswoggled one of my chums into taking me by B&B's under the auspices of getting cigars for the festivities...which I did pick up as well, but of course the real score was the Beck's Old Limey Bastard!

B&B is a great little shop, which is housed in, er, a house, of the old school Southern variety. Great place with real atmosphere; dust motes dancing in the air, creaky hardwood floors, the smell of smoldering pipeweed...heaven! According to the guys working there, Beck himself recently passed away, and so there's some question as to how many of his blends they'll continue to produce, as a few of them may be missing written recipes they can copy. Sad news.

But! Enjoy the blends in good health, brother, and take care!