Suggestion: "Hide Thread" Feature.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernLights

Reaction score
Hi All,

I think it would be awesome to have a "Hide Thread" feature so that you could hide threads you are not interested in following. That way, as you view the homepage, each section (Round Table, etc.) would not indicate new comments for the threads you were not interested in. It would also let you un-clutter your experience by hiding threads you don't want to follow.

Thoughts?

NorthernLights":z5j4n6mx said:
Hi All,

I think it would be awesome to have a "Hide Thread" feature so that you could hide threads you are not interested in following. That way, as you view the homepage, each section (Round Table, etc.) would not indicate new comments for the threads you were not interested in. It would also let you un-clutter your experience by hiding threads you don't want to follow.

Thoughts?
Why not try just NOT reading them? You want the machine to do it ALL for you? Next thing will be an APP for smoking pipes :affraid: 

The backbone of this site, phpBB, is free and open source. Anyone who wants to write a plug-in is welcome to--we'd certainly give it a try after it's built, tested, and made available through our hosting service.

There isn't a mod' to do that right now, if someone had strong enough coding skills it is possible but it would be a very involved mod' to write and if someone chose to write one it would need to be rock solid, such a mod' would need to have fairly in-depth read/write access rights to the database so ensuring a sql injection wasn't possible through the user data entry fields would be critical, phpBB is pretty solid software, as soon as you start adding Mod's to it you weaken the security of the core software. To make things worse mod' writers are always abandoning their Mod's so when the next upgrade of the core software arrives you have to choose whether to risk new vulnerabilities in the Mod's coding being revealed by the core or remove the Mod', it's never a simple choice adding Mod's to a forum sadly.

I have seen the feature in other forum software/plugins. The hosting for this forum does limit by its nature. As long as that's the case, it is pretty much WYSIWYG. Not a bad deal but there are rich alternatives out there.

I do miss some features but the community makes up for it.

MisterE":5jm5woqe said:
Seeing how the last "improvment" worked out, I'm not so sure we want new ones. :suspect: 
AAAAMEN BRO !! If it ain't broke, DON"T FIX it  :twisted: