Suggestions for new blends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
I thought this could be an interesting thread!!! I have many!!! for starters how bout Red Virginia with Perique rolled like a coin but with a dash of flue-cured and cigar leaf?? or brown Virginia with a dash of bright with a lot of Perique? It seems like a Theme I have going on here!!! :) :) Or a full run of Stonehenge Flake?????!!!!!!! :bounce: :D Any other Brilliant Ideas??????

try a mix of Edgeworth Ready rubbed and blue note

It has the great blue note taste and room note and the kick from ERR

vaperfavour":dld80jm6 said:
I thought this could be an interesting thread!!! I have many!!! for starters how bout Red Virginia with Perique rolled like a coin but with a dash of flue-cured and cigar leaf?? or brown Virginia with a dash of bright with a lot of Perique? It seems like a Theme I have going on here!!! :) :) Or a full run of Stonehenge Flake?????!!!!!!! :bounce: :D Any other Brilliant Ideas??????

Taking this idea a little further. Instead of new blends, how about existing blends in a new form? Rolled, twists, plugs. Coarse sliced. Cubed.

I suppose the cost of setting up and learning twists today is more than many blenders can do. But it's sure fun to dream.

If you want a sweet, interesting flavor treat, mix exactly 50/50 C and D Crooner and Benjamin Hartwell's Evening Stroll. It's almost like a vanilla/choclate twist cone, but you can smoke it in a pipe! :cheers: :pipe:

My tobacconist's mixes this one up for me, and with only two tobaccos in the mix, it's a no brainer.

1oz. Golden Virginia
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 oz. Latakia - Sometimes you just gotta have a bit more of the Latakia.

I call it my poor mans Squadron Leader. After it's aged a bit, it's pretty danged close...

I just stumbled upon an interesting blend this weekend (of my own devising). I call it, "The Prince and the Pirate." You might guess the recipe just from the name: 50/50 C&D Pirate Cake (rubbed out) and Prince Albert (red).

I like PK, but all that Latakia needs a foil to avoid being 1-dimensional. Hence, my idea to introduce PA to the mix. It works very nicely. It's kind of a manly flavor, tending toward a pleasant bitterness with just enough complexity.

-Andrew

Does anyone have any tips on how to blend your own tobaccos? Or any links to places where I could learn? Is it just hit or miss?

I've been kicking around the idea for a blend for sometime now...

Start with a high quality, nutty cube cut burley and add an equal amount of highly stoved sweet Virginia flake (similar to Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake) that has also been cube cut, then finish it off with a bit chocolaty maduro leaf.

jhuggett":aezgxnql said:

Start with a high quality, nutty cube cut burley and add an equal amount of highly stoved sweet Virginia flake (similar to Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake) that has also been cube cut, then finish it off with a bit chocolaty maduro leaf.
Sounds like you are trying to concoct a cheap Maduro Cut Cake! :lol:

jhuggett":01toppfl said:

Any luck yet with this???

Sounds mighty tasty

I haven't messed with it at all yet. Sounds like a good winter project though.

I've been smoking C&D Organic Pipe Dreams for the purity of the smoke, but sometimes I wish it had some more flavor. Has anyone ever tried adding your own rum or bourbon to a tobacco to flavor it? I would guess you wouldnt need much and it may need to sit and age for a while?

For a few years, my everyday blend was 50% Dunhil 965 and 50% Edwards Vintage Cube, both bought in bulk. After mixing, they need to rest for a month or two. The only reason for stopping smoking this was because I decided to start exploring other things and never stopped since. But one of these days...

I am not a huge latakia fan... yet. I am working on it. I enjoy FM and EMP once a week or so... here is a mix I concocted for Balkan Sasieni, which was just too heavy on the lat for my tastes, sort of like a latakia two by four to the head (hey, it's a balkan, hello!). Mix whatever amount of the Balkan with a 1/3 amount of 1Q. This has turned into a GREAT mix! For me, anyways...

I have a little Blue Note left over... perhaps I shall mix it with the Peterson's Irish Flake that I can't seem to finish... that sounds brilliant, come to think of it! Mixing is always interesting, usually daring, sometimes folly, sometimes brilliant, and that's why it's fun.