Suggestions for Pipe Club Baccy of the Month?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Each month my pipe club meeting features a tobacco tasting and raffle. I'm looking for suggestions for tobaccos to bring in for upcoming meets.

The group tends towards English and Balkan blends, but almost anything non-aromatic would fit the bill.

Also, for April & May, any blends that fit the Springtime theme would be fun.

Alright, have at it!

I hear Arango Balkan is pretty good. Allegedly, it is a Peter Stokebye blend. Light English/Balkan. Gosh, there's tons of stuff you could bring!

Ozark Wizard":4nlbzybu said:
I hear Arango Balkan is pretty good. Allegedly, it is a Peter Stokebye blend. Light English/Balkan. Gosh, there's tons of stuff you could bring!
Don't I know it, OW! That's 99% of the problem. So much to choose from!

The Balkin Supreme is amazing. When smoked its very heavy on the incense but I find that appealing. Pricing is great if you can find it in stock.

You could go for the obvious and try the Kramer's blends from smoking pipes.

Jim

I recently had a sample of Lane Crown Achievement and really enjoyed it! Just had a classic ring to it and had plenty of character. I think it's the best Lane Tobacco in production.

I say really shake things up and go with an areomatic like C&D Nutty Irishman. Show everyone that areos can be good smoking as well.

Get a tin of Hearth & Home BlackHouse and share the pleasure!! Boy am I stocked up on this blend... :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

huffelpuff":ydaic5et said:
The Balkin Supreme is amazing. When smoked its very heavy on the incense but I find that appealing. Pricing is great if you can find it in stock.

You could go for the obvious and try the Kramer's blends from smoking pipes.

Jim
Thanks Jim. SmokingPipes.com has a Wessex Balkan Supreme in a tin and the Arango Balkan Supreme bulk. Are either of these the Balkan you're talking about?

ontariopioer

This best describes the H&H BlackHouse I highly recommend:

The winning blend from the Chicagoland Pipe Show 2011. We're proud to introduce Black House. This blend is a tribute to a great tobacco of the past. Made for the 2011 contest it was judged to be the closest overall to the dark balkan-type mixture it was designed to emulate. For you Virginia Heads it's loaded along with Kentucky, Balkans, Turkish, and even a smattering of Black Cavendish.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The Arango Balkin Supreme was the one I was talking about. It's a really amazing smoke. My wife says it smells just like the incense used by the Catholic church in their services. I really should get off my butt and order some more of this one.

Jim

I was alway under the impression they were the same. Just made under contract by or some such nonsense. Either way it's great stuff.

Jim

I'd bring in one of three John Patton blends from 4 Noggins:

1. Oriental Dusk
2. Crossroads
3. Dark Horse

This is my desert island trio...my favorite tobacco blends of any in the world. Note: I once asked Rich to make an adjustment to an existing Patton blend (replaced the Latakia in Soulmates Kiss with cigar Leaf) and #3 above was the result...later named in my honor.