Super Bowl Feb. 7, 2021

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I'll watch, but I really have no horse in the race. I'd like to see a competitive, cleanly played game with the outcome determined in the last few minutes.

An hour of shameful pre-game social pandering followed by 90 minutes of actual good football, followed by a horribly pathetic attempt of a halftime show trying in a most untalented manner to marry bad music with misguided social commentary, followed by a solid beatdown by an old man.

NFL, the game is solid, the message and delivery is disgracefully lacking.

I agree Puff Daddy, only honored one Segment of Americans, I’ll let you figure out which segment. Commercials sucked, Good America Music is dead to them, where’s Hank Williams Jr.

I think this thread about the Super Bowl should probably be moved to the Rubber Room, where those who wish to pontificate about alleged social pandering and who is honored and who isn't may be discussed within the rules of the forum.

But, back to the game. KC had a make-shift offensive line that allowed Mahomes to take more punishment in one game than he had in his professional career. Once Tampa Bay realized the ineptitude of KC's offensive line, the game was essentially over.

It’s my understanding that some of the mega advertisers opted out of the $5M/minute deal and redirected the investment into social issues. Good for Budweiser, etc. I think.

I laughed later in the game remembering Tony Romo's early comment about this game "being one for the ages." If he had said "One for the Ageless," he would have been correct!! FTRPLT

An hour of shameful pre-game social pandering followed by 90 minutes of actual good football, followed by a horribly pathetic attempt of a halftime show trying in a most untalented manner to marry bad music with misguided social commentary, followed by a solid beatdown by an old man.

NFL, the game is solid, the message and delivery is disgracefully lacking.
I always start watching a game about an hour after it starts
and fast forward through anything that isn't football.
I was all in for the old man. As a Saints fan, I can go
back to hating the Bucs next season. :D

I get a kick out of Tom Brady being called the "old man" at, what, age 43 (which I do realize is old for an NFL QB)?? Then I think back to myself at 43 (1989!). I'd been in the USAF/USAFR for 20 1/2 years and was in my second year flying the F-16! No, I wasn't getting hit by NFL defensive tackles...Nor was/is TB out pulling 7, 8, or 9+ "G's" on a routine basis!! Wouldn't have traded it for anything and neither would he!!!!!!!!!!!! FTRPLT

It’s my understanding that some of the mega advertisers opted out of the $5M/minute deal and redirected the investment into social issues. Good for Budweiser, etc.
Actually, Budweiser only opted out of advertising Budweiser, the brand. There were ads for Bud Light, Bud Selzer, Michelob, Bud Ultra and I suppose a couple more of the 600+ beer brands owned by the parent company of Anheuser Busch.

Was not impressed with KC performance, however my venison chili provided enough fireworks to compensate.

Super Bowl's that don't include the Budweiser Clydesdales and/or some puppy dogs don't seem to fair well. There are some traditions you just don't mess around with and survive! I don't care for the beer (I will drink Stella Artois on occasion); the horses and dogs are another story!! FTRPLT