Superbowl food

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scotties22":uxs121f3 said:
OMG......My house smells soooo awesome!  I rolled over at about 5 this morning wondering who was up cooking bacon.  Took me a few minutes to realize what I was smelling :lol:
Isn't it great? That's actually one of my favorite parts of cooking this recipe. :D

DrumsAndBeer":u7nix59p said:
scotties22":u7nix59p said:
OMG......My house smells soooo awesome!  I rolled over at about 5 this morning wondering who was up cooking bacon.  Took me a few minutes to realize what I was smelling :lol:
Isn't it great? That's actually one of my favorite parts of cooking this recipe. :D
At the rate I'm going there isn't going to be any left for dinner. I keep finding excuses to walk past it in the kitchen and sneaking bites

scotties22":h8y2n9qw said:
At the rate I'm going there isn't going to be any left for dinner.  I keep finding excuses to walk past it in the kitchen and sneaking bites
How'd the meal turn out?

Hhhmmmm? Sorry....just waking up from my food coma :lol!: AWESOME!!!!!! Gonna be making this again for sure! :cheers:

scotties22":94kq9kv0 said:
Hhhmmmm?  Sorry....just waking up from my food coma :lol!:   AWESOME!!!!!!  Gonna be making this again for sure! :cheers:
Excellent. Happy to hear you enjoyed it.

I always have to pace myself with this recipe. It's easy to over do it, especially if you have a few beers to go with it.

Preparing my roast today. :D Hopefully I don't sleep through the game.

DrumsAndBeer":wzh7gxcq said:
Carnitas for me.

12-14 pound bone-in pork shoulder. Rub with salt, pepper, olive oil, crushed garlic & dried oregano. Throw a couple bay leaves next to it
Oven at 200
Cook covered from 11pm Saturday night, until 11am-12pm Sunday.
Remove the roast, Separate fat from juices and reduce the juices in a sauce pan.
Shred the meat and place it in a 9x13 roasting pan with the reduced juices and a bit of the fat, low broil until the top crisps-up.

Serve with fresh corn tortillas, plenty of salsa, fresh cilantro, anejo cheese, shredded cabbage, pressure cooked whole purano or pinto beans, and simple Mexican style rice and perhaps some ice-cold Negra Modelo or fresh lime margaritas  
Sounds delicious! :cheers:

We'll probably call Dominos here! :lol:

MisterE":gjfp675m said:
Sounds delicious! :cheers:

We'll probably call Dominos here! :lol:
Wait, you're in Mexico City, shouldn't I be the one calling Domino's? :p

Stick with the carnitas D&B! ;)

Domino's is as bad here as anywhere else. I don't know if that's reassuring or just depressing.

The bad thing is that not speaking a bit of spanish I understand that.

"Order our cardboard online.. Use your puter, iphone, or old outdated android tablet.. And if we don't kill 97 people driving crazy so you get your junk in 30 minutes it's on the house"

What's the snoopy box?

Yeah, pretty soon the symbol for "Domino's Internet order" will be as common as "Restroom" or "Handicap access". That's depressing, not reassuring.

I think the Snoopy tin was filled with candy or something. Now it's just coupons and knick knacks or whatever.