Superposed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger4me

Reaction score
Any forum members here own and use a Browning Superposed? I am wondering if the folks whho own them use them for hunting, trap or skeet shooting. Thanks for the help with this.

I had a 1953 superposed in 20 ga. I used for birds. The gun was well used when I got it with dings and scratches all over the stock, but the action was still tight.

I shot it two years then traded it in for a 12 ga Remington 3200 because I got heavily into skeet competition.

I have a Browning Superposed made in 1940, I love it, I was just talking to Zach ( Guitar Friend) about it when I was at his house the other day. When it comes to shooting trap, I enjoy my Mossberg 20 GA. , great pattern, and you can shoot all day without blowing out your shoulder. I keep my superposed in my display case. After a couple brandies and smoke or two a great conversation can start with the words " You know Browning rifle???? What would you say if I told you I had a Browning Shotgun???"

Years ago I had a Browning superposed first year of manufacture that had double triggers. Traded it away for another. Now I presently shoot Citori's which are great guns for the money IMO and will handle all the shooting you can give them. Enjoy shooting skeet, sporting clays and bird hunting with all 3 guns in 12, 20, and 28 gauge. Once had a Remington 3200 skeet gun and sorry I ever sold it.