Surviving the Winter Wasteland! February Bombing Run!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC # sent to Commander as ordered.

My little Mitchell twin is in the air, heavily burdened, lumbering toward the target.

Think..."No Country For Old Men"...+..."Yojimbo"!

(PS: LOVE the classic Kurosawa flicks...and in that vein happened to stumble onto another favorite..."Zatoichi" (the blind Ronin) yesterday. Among it's myriad highlights is perhaps the greatest movie ending ever filmed...a Sino/Hollywood dance number with a Japanese troop doing a clog sandal tap routine.)

Lovin' the bizarre!

Blackhorse":35mnj3ni said:
DC # sent to Commander as ordered.

My little Mitchell twin is in the air, heavily burdened, lumbering toward the target.

Think..."No Country For Old Men"...+..."Yojimbo"!

(PS: LOVE the classic Kurosawa flicks...and in that vein happened to stumble onto another favorite..."Zatoichi" (the blind Ronin) yesterday. Among it's myriad highlights is perhaps the greatest movie ending ever filmed...a Sino/Hollywood dance number with a Japanese troop doing a clog sandal tap routine.)

Lovin' the bizarre!
BH, there's a whole slew of Zatoichi films portrayed by Katsu. Full list here. And they are all fascinating. Sometimes a bit corny, but that was Japanese cinema at the time.

You must have also seen the Seven Samurai (also Kurosawa), which inspired the Magnificent Seven?

Anyway, I digress. DC sent! Bombs away!!! :bom: 
stealth-bomber-25.jpg

I think there are something like four Kurosawa films that made the translation to spaghetti westerns courtesy of Sergio Leone...Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Rashomon, Sanjuro. But one can easily pick out three or four that go from West to East, taking Shakespeare, etc. to Japan for a switch...Throne of Blood = Macbeth, Ran = King Lear, The Idiot = The Idiot (Dostoyevsky)...and then back again...The Hidden Fortress = Star Wars.

Fun to play with these things.

Holy Crap, Batman.......today is Wednesday??????? Shoot. Will drop tomorrow and be a day late. Boy, am I a blonde some times.

So there I was, yesterday, just rambling around my humble abode, when a single bomb fell from the sky. "What is this?" I ask myself. A random misfire? An errant projectile gone astray? Foolishly I dismissed it as coincidence and went about my business, not fortifying my family home for what was about to take place. Then it happened. The women and chilldren scattered, there were screams and cries of fear, thunder poured down from the sky and we all hunkered in doorways, too fearful to even run out into the desert in hopes of evading the oncoming doom.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2D_zHRakOXY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As soon as the smoke clears I will assess the damage and report back.

Amazing. I don't know what made you guys and gals select me, but I thank you all very much. There is a ton of loot here! Samplers of wonderful burleyweed, tins of excellent tobacco I've never tried, a couple of very wonderful looking cigars, a homemade tamper in a brass housing, handmade leather pipe sock with a lether patch that says BOB, fountain pen and ink, oodles of pipe cleaners, and of course the Peterson and the coffee. Amazing! I didn't know what to open first, but the girls did. The Maple Pecan Crunch Friar Tom sent  :cheers:  The girls say thanks for that sir  :D 

And the smokingpipes dot com mug will be my new daily morning mugga.  8) 

image63.jpg

Well done fellow bombers! The errant early deployment lulls the unsuspecting target into a false sense of security then KBLAM!  :twisted: