Sutliff bulk 20% @SmokingPipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowadays I mostly buy Sutliff bulk for their blending tobaccos, but before I hit my stride as a home blender I enjoyed these ready-made blends from the Altadis/Sutliff lineup:

Count Pulaski
Match Edgeworth
Queen Anne's Revenge
VooDoo Queen

I was disappointed with some blends that sounded good in the description but didn't hit the spot for me: Casanova, Flying Dutchman, Mark Twain. Others may have a different opinion.

Stokkebye also has some good ones (and frequently on sale): B&B 23, Optimum (an aromatic with some complexity)

Don't forget Edward G. Robinson which is fairy economical in the big tub at about $3 ounce.

I was thinking to take advantage of that. Whats everyone's favourite Sutliff blends?

As the holidays approach this is a great opportunity to try Sutliff's Pumpkin Spice & Christmas Spice, two terrific aromatic tobaccos.

Sutliff makes a number of really good blending tobaccos but I'm especially fond of their aromatics. Molto Dolce, Creme Brûleé, Vanilla Custard, & Panna Cotta are some of the best vanilla/caramel aromatics I've tried. I'll often add a smidge of one of those to add a touch of sweetness to a straight Virginia or burley blend.

Two definite sleepers I rarely see mentioned but really like are Maple Walnut & Coconut Almond. Maple Walnut is simply delicious, & Coconut Almond is like an Almond Joy in your pipe.

As the holidays approach this is a great opportunity to try Sutliff's Pumpkin Spice & Christmas Spice, two terrific aromatic tobaccos.

Sutliff makes a number of really good blending tobaccos but I'm especially fond of their aromatics. Molto Dolce, Creme Brûleé, Vanilla Custard, & Panna Cotta are some of the best vanilla/caramel aromatics I've tried. I'll often add a smidge of one of those to add a touch of sweetness to a straight Virginia or burley blend.

Two definite sleepers I rarely see mentioned but really like are Maple Walnut & Coconut Almond. Maple Walnut is simply delicious, & Coconut Almond is like an Almond Joy in your pipe.
I like the Vanillas you mentioned, but haven’t yet tried the Panna Cotta. What’s it like?

I like the Vanillas you mentioned, but haven’t yet tried the Panna Cotta. What’s it like?
Panna Cotta is very similar to Creme Brûleé/Molto Dolce but without the honey in those two blends so it's a bit less sweet.
It's also for me in a similar vein to Lane LL-7 or pipesandcigars.com Trout Stream.
As always, YMMV!

Will have to try the panna cotta. Like creme brulee and love molto dolce. Have several tins of molto dolce cellared. Also like christmas spice all year long. Recently discovered black cordial. It is great with some earl gray or my own concoction of malibu rum and arnold palmer tea.