Sutliff Dunhill Match Name Changes.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimInks

Reaction score
So far, two of the Sutliff Dunhill Match blends have had name changes. Match 965 is now Match 20. Match Elizabethan is now Match Victoria. I wonder when the other names will be changed? I think it's not hard to figure out why it is happening, but if copyright is the issue, Dunhill sure has taken their sweet time in wanting the changes made.

I notice P&C hasn't changed the names yet.

I think I know the answer. but I'll ask anyway. Will the names of non-Dunhill matches get a change? I wouldn't see why as most original producers are gone, but you never know.

Well, that's news to me. Thanks for the info. I don't think I would have figured it out that Match 20 was the old 965. Match Victoria makes sense, but the Match 20 doesn't to me. :scratch:

Zanaspus":2qt0nte6 said:
I think I know the answer. but I'll ask anyway. Will the names of non-Dunhill matches get a change? I wouldn't see why as most original producers are gone, but you never know.
I doubt it they'll be changed, too.

Corncobcon":bipo7hc9 said:
Well, that's news to me.  Thanks for the info.  I don't think I would have figured it out that Match 20 was the old 965.  Match Victoria makes sense, but the Match 20 doesn't to me. :scratch:
It doesn't make sense to me either.

But how does it hold up to a match in taste? I got to find me a substitute!

Very late to the game- what happened to Dunhill?

So how does it compare to the original 965? I got a mason jar of the 965 that I am hoarding for emergencies.

Jim, just read your review at tobaccoreviews, very informative.

I have yet to find any of the Sutliff match blends that "matched", but maybe it's just me. Tried 3 or 4 and gave up.

Valdus":qw3ma3xq said:
So how does it compare to the original 965? I got a mason jar of the 965 that I am hoarding for emergencies.

Jim, just read your review at tobaccoreviews, very informative.
Thanks.

Idlefellow":prhhvnja said:
I have yet to find any of the Sutliff match blends that "matched", but maybe it's just me.  Tried 3 or 4 and gave up.
I found a fair amount of them matched, a few didn't, and few were better than the originals. When I reviewed the Match blends, I was fortunate to have the originals of all but one blend.