Sutliff Tobacco Plant

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friar_jay

Reaction score
My wife and I had the privilege of taking a tour of the Sutliff Tobacco plant in Richmond this past Friday. We had a really great time. Seeing the process was quite interesting. The purchasing manager who led us around was a very nice guy who treated us like old friends.

I'll tell you one thing...it smelled amazing!

I've always liked their blends but after Friday they've secured themselves as a permanent addition to my smoking cabinet.

Be blessed my friends.

attachment.php

:mrgreen: 

Cheers,

RR

Been smoking Mixture #79 for over 25 years now!! OK stuff. Sure was great when I was soaking wet in the jungles of Panama in Aug 1989-Jan 1990 when the plane or a chopper occasionally dropped a "boot" (a crate) containing pipe cleaners, Mixture #79, and some other *possibles*..

They DO have a WET season!!!

Great stuff to be smoked in a Kirsten pipe. Still ol' #79 will bite you if you are not careful :shock: :D 

Your pal,
Cliff
USN (Ret.)

P.S. Nice haul, buddy :cheers: :cheers: 

They definitely have some sweet aro's, and I do mean sweet. Honestly like nothing else I have ever tasted.

It's great you got to take the tour and see what their operation is all about.

Two of my favorite podcasts from Pipe Magazine are with Paul Creasy from Sutliff as guest. He's a really interesting guy.

I got a few aros from Sutliff last spring. Still waiting for them to dry out