TAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea these compare to Peretti's burley blends?
Swede, I find Uhle’s 00 reminds me of the taste of Granger. Uhle’s Perfection Plug Burley is like PS 41 Cube Cut blended with Edgeworth Ready Rubbed. Both are excellent and shipping was just as fast as SP. L.J. Peretti's has its own unique taste and feel. Kinda like an American Gawith & Hoggarth. BPC (Burley Plug Cut) is really good and you can see the old world quality in this tobacco. No. 8 Slice is an outstanding Virginia Perique. I did not like their Burley Blend DD! Super quality leaf, but an acquired taste.

TAD thought process:

I have just one flint left for the Zippo lighters. I should really stop by one of the alleged tobacco shops and get some;
I wonder how much those are going for now? Let me look at my usual places...just for flint prices....
20 minutes later, 3 little packages of flints ordered -- and four tins (Sterling Flake, Wallace Flake, St. Bruno's Flake, Pease Sixpence) :rolleyes:

TAD thought process:

I have just one flint left for the Zippo lighters. I should really stop by one of the alleged tobacco shops and get some;

I wonder how much those are going for now? Let me look at my usual places...just for flint prices....

20 minutes later, 3 little packages of flints ordered -- and four tins (Sterling Flake, Wallace Flake, St. Bruno's Flake, Pe
The flints were an enabler.
ase Sixpene) 

My best TAD enabler has participation with my wife. Smoke Eater candles at Boswell's. They carry many different scents for her to choose from which makes her very happy. The Springy scents, Summer, Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They have scents for every one of the tobacco drops in your rotation.

Now the trick is not to order too many which allows you to place orders more often. Ordering more candles allows you to order more tobacco. That special hard to get blend shows up at Boswell's just remind her we could use a few more candles. Special Reserve Release, take a few candles to work for the workspace. Esoterica shows up, throw all of the candles in the trash and remind yourself how much you're saving by not having to purchase it on the secondary market.

I am off to check my flint and wick inventory now. That e-mail from SmokingPipes.com on the new 4th Generation Resolution Small Batch Limited Edition has me wondering how good it is.

Thanks for the tip, DrT.

Much needed and just in time.

I ordered a half kilo of Gawith Hoggarth Black Twist (cut) because Pipes & Cigars sent me a 15% off coupon that was burning a hole in my pocket. Then I had to buy a half kilo of GH Scotch Flake, so I could get free shipping. Now they'll probably send me another coupon to keep me coming back! They know how to market their products.

Last edited:
Ever since @JimInks posted his review of GLP Géométrie on tobaccoreviews.com I've been waiting for the release. It was a good enough reason to order Drucquer Casbah along with Pease Gaslight and Spark Plug to complete an English/Balkan Flake/Cake/Plug order. To save on shipping I added Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match for my old tobacconist, and C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon and Red Virginia Ribbon for my wife's paper pipes.

Ever since @JimInks posted his review of GLP Géométrie on tobaccoreviews.com I've been waiting for the release. It was a good enough reason to order Drucquer Casbah along with Pease Gaslight and Spark Plug to complete an English/Balkan Flake/Cake/Plug order. To save on shipping I added Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match for my old tobacconist, and C&D Bright Virginia Ribbon and Red Virginia Ribbon for my wife's paper pipes.
What's a paper pipe? Does she smoke roll your own cigarettes? Where did you place this order, if you don't mind me asking?