taking a break for a moment

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefisher

Reaction score
Hi folks,

As some of you may know my family welcomed a new baby into the world right around Christmas. All is well, but I noticed the other day that it's been four months since I've put flame to tobacco. I was looking over my pipe rack and came to realize that I no longer have any desire to smoke a pipe. So I'm goign to take a pause for a bit. I'll keep my briar and my cellar stored snugly. The worst that can happen is that some day I return to pipe smoking and find myself in possession of a trove of well aged tobacco.

I want to thank everyone here for their kindness, and if possible I'd like to keep my account in good standing. I'm certainly not quitting, just sort of going where the wind takes me. I hope you'll all save a spot at the campfire for me.

I wish you all good health, great happiness, and heavenly smokes.

~ Bluefisher

Sometimes a break is called for. I've had periods of nonsmoking for various reasons and returned to enjoy my smoking as things calmed down. 

Glad you're keeping your pipes and tobacco. Storing is cheap, replacement not so much.

Why not stop in from time to time and give us an update on what's going on. It's not all about smoking here, pipes are just a link we use to form and interact with friends.

Good luck and we'll see you round the campfire.

Mark

Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do.

Stop back in here if and when you can Bluefisher. We'll leave the (smoking) light on for you.

Best wishes going forward.

:) 

Cheers,

RR

Take care of yourself and that family. I have two munchkins ages 6 & 8, and they are a handful.

Carving out some time to smoke a pipe is not always easy and I often go days between pipes.

Enjoy your break & hope to see you back soon.  :D 

DrumsAndBeer":fzqlyotg said:
Take care of yourself and that family. I have two munchkins ages 6 & 8, and they are a handful.

Carving out some time to smoke a pipe is not always easy and I often go days between pipes.

Enjoy your break & hope to see you back soon.  :D   
With a 7 and 9 year old, I go weeks between pipes at times.

Take care BF and we'll leave a light on for you!

Enjoy your family brother!
they are only young once, your tobacco will only get better, and remember absence makes the heart grow fonder
Best wishes to you and your family

...my very best to you and your family...glad to see you're keeping those pipes and tobaccos...as has been stated, not easy to replace. I have 6 sons 12, 13, 14, 17, 18 and 31 and grandkids 9 & 10...at times it is hectic! Don't be a stranger... :cheers:

I'll echo the sentiments of the other brothers here. Also thanks for the heads up, because when we haven't heard from someone in a while we worry like a bunch of mother hens!

Ocelot55":bc8lyrjc said:
I'll echo the sentiments of the other brothers here. Also thanks for the heads up, because when we haven't heard from someone in a while we worry like a bunch of mother hens!

THIS^^^^^^^^ You will be missed. Stop in when you can.

It's all been said above, so good luck friend and catch you on your return.

mark":t2wm3ppp said:
It's not all about smoking here, pipes are just a link we use to form and interact with friends.
Most of us smoke for pleasure, whenever we can, but it's not always posible. I would think nothing of taking 6 months off if the situation presented itself.

Congratulations on your growing family!

As a father of 5, I can relate. There have been times when I just haven't had the energy or desire to smoke. Absolutely your best option to keep your pipes and baccy. Replacing them down the road would suck! I think i speak for everyone when I say you'll always be welcome, even if you never pick up a pipe again.

Best to you and your family

Jim