Taking pipes on a trip

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valdus

Reaction score
I am going to Jamaica in a couple of days. I am thinking of taking a falcon and two bowls and a cob, along with a sealed tin of Presbyterian. Nothing I cannot replace. What does the Brotherhood think? I would prefer no TSA hassle, glory to the days when you could travel with a rifle and an elephant and no one would care!

Depending on where i go depends on the pipes i bring. I currently have two cobs and two cheap Molinas due to the environment here and I'm not worried about anything happening. When i travel state side (or any other civilized country) I'll bring my good stuff with me, brought a few Petersons with me to Korea last year. I've had them in my carry on bag before, but now that i think about it those were all chartered flights so I'm not what the TSA rules are right off hand.

I take three or four pipes with me when I travel. I have a leather carry-case for five plus pockets for matches, tools, cleaners, etc. Tobacco goes in plastic baggies, then all put in a gallon baggie for airplane/train travel. :cheers: FTRPLT

I was just thinking about this today. My concern is my pipe tool. I'd like to think I can take my pipe and tool in my carryon but I really don't want to get it confiscated by the gestapo.