Telegraph Hill Review

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodLeavesNfire

Reaction score
As a fairly new smoker to vapors, each new vapor blend i try provides almost a new experience to this tobacco.
Earlier on this summer, after smoking various virginias and lat blends through the winter, i took the opportunity of purchasing and tasting a variety of perique blends (after doing a bit of research on this outstanding site), LNF, LBF, OGS to name a few, with a progression toward fuller vapors.
I am currently smoking Telegraph Hill and am enjoying it immensely. It is packed and bursting with flavor. I think the virginias are bright, there is a wonderful combination of lemon and sour notes and a slights sweetness that provides a balance to produce the perfect "tang".
i am loving this tobacco and loving this journey through vapors!

Hey, thanks for this! While GLP makes 90+% of what I smoke, this is one I've never tried. I'm a Haddo's and Triple Play guy, but haven't done this one. Maybe I should!?

I have not tried Haddo's or Tripple Play yet, they are on the list.
However I do think TH is the less stonger of the two.
Perhaps somone who has tried all three can give an opinion?

Long-time favorite :D   Today, I am finishing up an 8oz Tin of Telegraph Hill........ but not to worry there a few more tins on my shelf.  Then again, I'm a vapor fan and this one, for me, is on the "A" list

i've grown leery of GLP's baccies because every other one i try kicks my ass with vitamin N.

a shame, 'cuz he's got some mad blending skillz.

:( :( 

doody.

Mr. Doody":ryhd8jl4 said:
i've grown leery of GLP's baccies because every other one i try kicks my ass with vitamin N.

a shame, 'cuz he's got some mad blending skillz.

:( :( 

doody.
i am an ex smoker, but still smoke an occasional cigarette. i am using electronic cigarettes as well. consequently, i can handle the nic hit in gl pease tobaccos as my body is used to the nicotine.. in fact i find i need to conscientiously limit the e-cig to really enjoy pipe smoking.

TH has been by go-to VaPer for a while. I really love the stuff...consistent sweet and sour tang and lots of depth in the VAs, lots of figgy, peppery perique but not overbearing, easy to light and keep lit, burns nice and cool, hasn't bitten my tongue once - what else can I say?

I've not had Triple Play but have smoked something close to a metric ton on Haddo's. There really isn't much to compare between Haddo's and Telegraph Hill...they're totally different animals. Telegraph hills is a natural tasting, VaPer. Haddo's amps up the perique, adds cavendish, burley, and a topping, and is (to me) much stronger in terms of nicotine. Haddo's is good in its own right, no doubt - but it's far from the archetypal VaPer that I would consider TH to be.

I've tried so many times to like this blend but it just doesn't do it for me. I love Haddo's and like Stratford quite a lot. Everytime I see a thread or review like this I feel like I should buy another tin and try it! I guess it just doesn't hit the right notes for my tastes, high quality stuff though no doubt.

Feel as though I should pick up a tin of Telegraph Hill.

I can't smoke Haddo's fresh but it's amazing aged. I found Triple Play to be a bit stronger than HD.

TH is in my top VaPers-

(no particular order)

2015 (w/15% added p-weed)
TH
Escudo (the older version - not had the new one that is supposed to be not the same)
Sammy G's SJF
C&D Bayou Morning Flake
C&D Exhausted Rooster ( ya, more of a Va/Per/Burley)
Sherlock Holmes VR Club Blend

Plus a few others I can't remember just now.

Cheers,

RR

Telegraph Hill is a great blend, I picked it up myself when wanting to explore Va/Pers more. I don't pick up on a lot of the individual notes but there's something magical about how all the components marry. I think it's a great blend that you can sit and think on or if you have something to do it plays well in the background, not forward but there. I imagine if you were to hand a tin of this to old pipesters from 50-100 years ago they'd probably fall in love with it too.

Thanks for the review, woodLeavesNfire. I'm glad to finally see one on this great blend. Even happier to see there are other pipesters out there who like it so much. :D