Telly - I Crewed 516 Too!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range Finder

Reaction score
Hi Telly:

I crewed 516 for a time from late 1967 - early 69. Actually was the assistant crew chief working for SSG Cliff Ball. When he left I had her for awhile. I was on OMS Team 7. Took her across the pond several times. She got 75 CM's while flying out of Utapo, Thailand. Got a few CM's with her. She was a great bird and I got some letters when she was awarded Lead of the Fleet Aircraft. Took her all over the Pacific in the war years to include Okinawa, Taiwan, Philippines, Wake Island, Guam, Alaska, and Shimya Island, and Spain. I actually have found some photos of her on the internet when she still was an A model.

Once while I was in the dentist office back in 1991 I met the wife of the guy who was crewing her then and had her over in the Middle East. I also remember being on alert with her pulling SAC duty and the good old alert shack. Also sat on her for a day and a night at the Griff on alert for the 1967 Israeli War and the Pueblo Incident.

I have fond memories of those days and I hope you do too. I just punched in KC-135 with tail number 62-3516 and there you were. I know this isn't the right forum but had to say Hi!

Best Regards,

Range Finder

P.S.

My old crew chief was Ciff Ball and last I knew he lived in Alpha, Michigan.

Telly & Rangefinder

Get out of that pm box and tell us some stories.

Telly & Rangefinder, as P_B mentioned, some of us would like to hear(read) some of those memories/stories if you guy's are willing to share em. Contrary to some peoples mistaken beliefs, that is what the Round Table forum is for, as long as it is respectful of others. If it isn't, thats what the rubber room is for :lol: :lol: :lol: Personaly, I myself avoid the rubber room :affraid: :affraid: :affraid: . :D PS: I flew on 53's out of Thailand.

Bd

Never Forget!