Terrible Minnesota Weather

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
Last Friday into Saturday, I got 12" of snow with some drifts much higher. Right now, we're in a tornado watch, dangerous high wind warning. Today in St. Paul, the temperature climbed to 51 degrees. The forecast is for a 30 degree drop overnight, with some sleet turning to snow along with the high winds and fog.

9:40 pm It's a thunderstorm, lightening and pouring rain in buckets. If the temperature drops as predicted the streets and highways will be glare ice in the morning.

Last edited:
I'd rather deal with cold and snow any day over sort of cold and rainy. When I lived in the Triangle area of North Carolina, it was FAR more frustrating and dangerous than anything I've experienced in the Midwest my whole life. In the winter in NC, constantly covered in sheets of ice and heavy tree limbs. It was a lot warmer than Minnesota, but it was no less of a hassle and not nearly as potentially fun. I hate 25-35° weather.

More snow today. I gotta shovel my driveway. My trunk is full of stuff to take to Goodwill. I want to clear the driveway before I drive on it and compact the show. S**t!

It's -1 F. with a windchill of -15 F. I still have a little shoveling to do.

Yeah…if it was - 15F here…any shoveling would damn well wait til Spring! That’s “Death by Shovel” my friend.
There' not much snow; just a light layer and I'll duck inside the house about every 10 minutes to warm up. I have a puffy down jacket just for shoveling.

Was about 80 today according to my car thermometer :cry:
giphy.gif

After about 5” of the white stuff a few days ago (late Christmas day) that then pretty much melted off by yesterday, we’re getting another dusting this morning (New Year’s Eve). So…it’s the year of holiday snow!

Weather Today in Saint Paul, MN -22° Feels Like​

Every pass over the major Cascade Range in Oregon (except for the Colombia River Gorge at the Oregon/Washington border) is closed due to snow. So…no toilet paper for Idaho!

And they just closed down I-5 both directions for 20 miles in Southern Washington. So you can’t go east-west over the mountains and you can’t go north-south up or down the valley.

We’re trapped…We're trapped here like rats! Small little rats with no hair and one leg!

And they just closed down I-5 both directions for 20 miles in Southern Washington. So you can’t go east-west over the mountains and you can’t go north-south up or down the valley.

We’re trapped…We're trapped here like rats! Small little rats with no hair and one leg!
Boy, sucks to be you, lol. Suggestion, make a big pot of chili or soup, sit by the fire and enjoy the solitude.

Yeah, well it’s just the mountain passes that are blocked and flooding along the interstate in the valley. Everything else is fine. I should go get a box of VooDoo Doughnuts…but that would be bad. Heh, heh.

93BD1B25-FE72-457A-97F8-CA716474D311.jpeg