Terrible Minnesota Weather

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they just closed down I-5 both directions for 20 miles in Southern Washington. So you can’t go east-west over the mountains and you can’t go north-south up or down the valley.

We’re trapped…We're trapped here like rats! Small little rats with no hair and one leg!
Have a friend who lives in Chehalis. Called him yesterday after hearing about the flooding. He is okay as they are on high ground but can't leave home due to flooding all around them. Yep, trapped like rats, lol.

The Snoqualmie Summit has also been cut off with the ski hill and small community there. Apparently they've been out of power for 48 hrs and are running low on supplies since I-90 is closed in both directions and not expected to open until Sunday, mostly due to avalanche control. WA DOT said this morning that there have now been 38 naturally occurring avalanches that have covered I-90! There is some sort of emergency plan being put into effect for those trapped on the summit to bring them food and fuel.

No Cheers,

RR

In my previous job with the FAA, I spent much time in "Minnie No-Place" working with ye olde Northwest Orient Airlines and others in the local area. Summers were nice; winters could be brutal. I had planned to retire in late 2007; however, our lovely work scheduler pleaded with me to stay until the end of March. Out of the goodness of my heart, I agreed...with the stipulation that she NOT send me north into the snow, ice, cold rain, sleet, and dark clouds of the frozen northern hinterlands! So where the hell does she send me...Minnie-F#C*ing-appolis in frappin' February!!! Ice, snow, cold; at least it was clear and sunny! FTRPLT

Last edited:
Tomorrow, I'll sunbathe on my deck as the temperature climbs to 28 F.

Min-nee-ha-ha was always subject to more brutal weather extremes in the winter than M'wa-key. And after 30-some years of living in SE Wiz-gan-sin I can say that with confidence......

Not sure what the point is. What was the question?

o_O

Cheers,

RR

This Iowa weather is bad enough. I pity the poor souls in Minnesota.

We don't have a bath tub in our house. We have a shower in each bathroom with a very low edge to step over for when we get old. ??? (I'm old now!)

I tell my wife every spring that I'm going to scrub out my 100 gallon rubbermaid livestock trough, put it on the patio behind the house, fill it about 3/4 full of water, and let the sun heat it up. Then I'm going to take my old arthritic carcass and let it soak for an hour or two some nice night and watch the stars. I have yet to do it but with this weather I think about it more and more.

It hit 62 degrees today and as I drove past St. Thomas University, the young female co-eds, in full flowered radiance, were meandering and jogging about in attire that called for high 70s and 80s. These young women, all shapes, sizes, and colors, forced me to wish for one day of youth and a girlfriend of that vintage. Alas, my wish was unanswered. Damnit, it ain't fair!