Text Messages from Amazon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
During the past couple of days I have purchased a few things via Amazon. With every purchase, I get innumerable text messages and emails telling me the progress from receiving the order, to shipping, out for delivery, shipped, etc. I'm sure you all know the regimen. The problem is I'm getting some of these messages in the middle of the night. I charge my phone on the nightstand next to my head. I never turn off the ringer because there could be a family emergency. There are a lot of elderly in my family. I was the youngest of two youngest children in two very large families to have children. My oldest first cousin, now deceased, would be 111 years-old. My late sister's oldest "child" is almost 62-years-old. When the text notification goes off, I always awake with a sudden start and grab the phone. "Your winter balaclava will be delivered on Wednesday, October 28th." That's besides all the robo calls and robo texts we're all probably getting.

I would think you would be able to turn off those notifications in the manage apps area of tour phone settings.

I would think you would be able to turn off those notifications in the manage apps area of your phone settings.
On my phone, which is an older Motorola, I can mute the tone for texts from Amazon, but I'd have to remember to unmute it so that I know the progress of an order. The option is to notify Amazon not to text me, but then I wouldn't know when a package is arriving. I asked Amazon CS if they can just text me during daytime hours. Nope, they operate 24/7 and as an order moves through the system, if you're signed up for texts, you'll get a text as the order moves. It's totally automated.