Thank Goodness for Power Tools

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, Mpls.-St.Paul got hit with 70 mph winds. I lost power for two days. My younger daughter had a tree topple on her attached garage. Last fall, she had a sizeable tree removed from her front yard. Her husband called the company that had removed that tree and they came out promptly to removed the tree. They subcontract the root grinding to a couple of other companies. The company that came out this time didn't haul away the mulch and said they were unable to grind the huge root ball because it was no longer in the ground.

A couple of years ago, when my daughter and I rebuilt her deck, I bought and gave her a Ryobi corded 12 amp reciprocating saw.
51F+r3rvwkL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Today I brought a 5-pack of pruning blades for the saw. I actually was quite surprised how efficient it was, cutting up that root ball. We did go through three blades. We cut everything small enough to put in many heavy paper leaf bags. I'm totally gassed!

Yep. Amazing what you can do with these things. I have this, a cut off tool, and a "wiggle" saw that will cut flush with the floor or a wall. Sure saves a lot of wear and tear on our old muscles and joints.

Yup. used to have a nice Milwaukee brand reciprocating saw which came in quite useful. It was a real workhorse too. Cheers, RR
Years ago, I had a Milwaukee Sawzall. It was an incredible work horse; lent it to my brother, who says he forgot that he'd borrowed it from me and gave it to his son when my brother and his wife moved to a condo.