Thanks again, Santa! (Pic Heavy)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
So Santa slapped me with a Peterson that needed some loving care. I have been fixing pipes and selling them on eBay since I quit my job back in January. It's kinda been my priority, you know because adulting requires bills, money, etc. Anyways! I decided to finally fix one up for myself and Santa delivered the perfect fit. Now I don't think I have ever spoken about my affinity of Peterson's. Everyone has an opinion on 'em, love 'em, hate 'em, don't care. But I come from an Irish heritage and I have a sweet spot for them. I'm not quite sure how Santa figured that out. I really don't ever recall mentioning it on here. The next part shall be the description of what I did to it. Or you can just jump to the pics!

The first pictures are before I did anything. Then there are two in the middle section that show the teeth dents/marks after oxidation is removed. And the last section is the final product. As for what I did to it...

1. Removed the oxidation from the stem.
2. Removed more oxidation from those pesky teeth marks that were actually pretty deep.
3. Patched the teeth marks because they were too deep to sand out. The bottom of the lip was like a crater.
4. Topped the bowl with vigorous sanding.
5. Reamed the bowl.
6. Sanitized the bowl.
7. Put in my professional grade bowl coating.
8. Realized that with all the oxidation removed, the stem no longer perfectly fit into the shank. Resized the tenon to fit snugly.
9. Stained the top of the bowl.
10. Buffed and shined.

This was a very involved refurb for sure! Took me two days. But it was fun and thanks to Santa I have a like-new Peterson for my collection. There sure are some really good folks on here!

pet_110.jpg

pet_210.jpg

pet_310.jpg

pet_410.jpg

pet_510.jpg

pet_610.jpg

pet_710.jpg

pet_810.jpg

pet_910.jpg

pet_1010.jpg

pet_1110.jpg

pet_1210.jpg

Kate, simply amazing!! Believe me I know and understand how long it takes to properly restore a pipe...your end result.....PERFECTLY DONE. You now have a beautiful Peterson for yourself to enjoy :cheers::cheers::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Thanks fellas!

I appreciate the encouragement, Lonecoyote! Some refurbs are definitely faster than others but this was a pretty lengthy one. Well worth it for the end result though!

Beautifully done...and I'm glad this one is staying with you as part of your own collection!