Thanks Ken.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
We were headed out to buy some electric tape & soldering flux yesterday because someone decided the charging cable to my laptop would look better with the end piece removed.
Needless to say I wasnt in a very good mood. The Mrs stopped at the end of the driveway and asked if I'd hop out and get the mail. I found a box in there from Ken.
No reason for him to send me anything other than the fact that the man has a generous heart..Thanks Bro Ken.

Not yet, When we got back home I hopped on here and stayed on til way past bedtime..
I will get it before I leave tommorow though, its a simple job of soldering 4 wires together and taping it all up.
I have considered using 'liquid tape' to solidify the internals around the connection but I'm unsure if thats a good ideal because I've never done it before. Seems like it would serve to hold everything in place and prevent any flex. Ever tried it? Good or Bad idea?

Actually, good quality electrical tape will do a fine job for much electrical work. Be sure the last wrap, or two, has no tension. You can stretch the underwraps to seal. But the last couple wraps keep it from coming undone when they are not stretched. But you may have already known that.

A better way to make it more permanent is to use shrink tubing. You can always do that later if need be.

LOL.. Now it wouldn't be a hillbilly fix if I used shrink tube instead of 'blacktape', I even thought about an outer layer of Duct Tape just because...lol

Ken is a very generous and kind person. I am proud to have met him here on the boards and recieve his "Thank You's . A good man for sure :!: :!: :!: :cyclops:

Carlos":q5n80n79 said:
Be sure the last wrap, or two, has no tension. You can stretch the underwraps to seal. But the last couple wraps keep it from coming undone when they are not stretched.
Great tip! Thanks, Carlos

showme

showme1or2":jp2is78u said:
Carlos":jp2is78u said:
Be sure the last wrap, or two, has no tension. You can stretch the underwraps to seal. But the last couple wraps keep it from coming undone when they are not stretched.
Great tip! Thanks, Carlos

showme
The only hassle with that is, using a knife or scissors to cut it. Or a nice sharp pair of wire clippers. You have probably seen guys just stretch it and break it after wrapping. It will always curl back off and come loose given a bit of time. Faster outdoors. Not sure if that tip came from 3M or an antenna site.

If I have the choice Scotch 33 or 88 is what I buy. 88 is thicker. Tempflex is the low grade version. Then there is that black stuff that is sticky on one side for a little while. :)