Thanksgiving is looming

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
As is the custom this time of year, I'd like to wish all the Yanks a happy (and hopefully stress free) Thanksgiving. For the balance of the crew, well, be grateful for something, if you can! :geek:

Blackhorse":emliq565 said:
Spending the day with family who will be cooking me a big luscious dinner.  First Thanksgiving in 20 years that I’M not the one doing the cooking. Ahhhhhh.
Sounds great!

First one I've been able to be with the family for in quite some time, so, extremely greatful for that. Happy thanksgiving to all

Happy thanksgiving everyone. We are in the calm before the storm mode at the moment. The radar shows the hurricane of family will be making landfall at my doorstep shortly. :D I'm happy to have everyone here.

Hope all you folks have been having a great Thanksgiving day today!

22898026-a-turkey-with-a-black-hat-and-a-ribbon-in-thanksgiving-day.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Yesterday was a full blown meat coma. Brine two turkeys with apple juice/salt for 12 hours and smoked them with pecan wood yesterday. I was unreal. I go to pull the bird out and juice is shooting everywhere. Flavor galore and no need for a knife serving, extremely tender. It was a great day and a full house with my in-law's driving over. We take care of my mother-in-law and she had a wonderful time!